“Who'd have thought?!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Description: Telephone: (774) 745-7800 Open Mon-Sun 11:30 Am to 9:00 PM
Leicester, Massachusetts
“Who'd have thought?!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I wouldn’t have believed that East Brookfield would be a place where you’d find very good, authentic Thai cuisine, but here it is, a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant named Thai House. Granted, the décor leaves a lot to be desired---gaudy embroidered elephant tapestry runners adorning each table but little else in the small space containing maybe a dozen or so tables.

Arriving at about 5:45 p.m., my companion and I were promptly seated a table for two and started with cocktails: a Pearl Harbor, a tasty concoction of vodka, Midori liqueur and pineapple juice, and a standard Mai Tai, each priced very reasonably at $5.95 and $6.50, respectively. Each was potent enough and very refreshing.

Thai House’s menu has many options in the categories of appetizers, soups, salads, fried rice, noodles, curries, house specialties and traditional dishes. Gluten free options are also available. I had the Thai yellow curry with shrimp ($12.95) and my companion had the Pad Thai. Both dishes were very tasty and satisfying, the curry having the perfect amount of heat, spice-wise. The Pad Thai was typical, nothing really noteworthy. We also shared a plate of the evening’s special lobster fried rice (recommended by our server), rife with pieces of claw and knuckle meat (no chewy tail meat to contend with) and veggies, nicely seasoned. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Portions are ample to say the least and we were quite full (to-go containers for the lot), but found room to share the Ice Cream Sampler ($5.00). A small scoop each of coconut, ginger, green tea and vanilla ice cream were nicely presented on a long white plate. Our favorite was the coconut, it being the most intense-flavored of the four.

Our server, Anne, was helpful, friendly, and efficient, our entrees and check arriving in a timely manner. We’ll be back again soon to sample more of Thai House's interesting dishes.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank lynninma

“A Jewel in E.Brookfield.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I had heard about this place from a few coworkers and I decided to go for lunch one Friday afternoon. It was easy to find, just past Lameroux Ford on the left in East Brookfield. I ha tries to call and place an order, but unable to get through, I decided to drive over. They were just getting lunch going and took my take out order promptly. I waited about 10 minutes in the cozy restaurant and then took my order back to work. The food was excellent, fresh and traditional Thai! I go about once a month for lunch and spend about $15-20 including tip for lunch. Great value great food but the service needs caffeine or something in the afternoon!

• Visited August 2012
North Brookfield, Massachusetts
“My favorite Thai restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I go here at least twice a month. The food and service is always good, and the staff really tries to make sure you are happy with everything. The Pad Kee Mao, Pad Thai, Spicy Beef Salad, and spicy fried rice are all winners. Parking is limited, which can be an issue in the winter.

Glenrothes, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

I visit this restaurant every time I visit the US, and have always been amazed by the food.
We visit at lunch time as its only a short car trip from factory, Food is fantastic, service is second to none.
Staff are always friendly and willing to help.
Would recommend to all.

• Visited October 2012
Central Massachusetts
“OK, good, not great, a go-to for reliable meal”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I come here often. Not the best i've ever had, not the worst. reliable, never an off night. have gotten in house and take out, always made well.
try the ice cream - i don't know who makes it but it's heavenly.
their thai tea is pretty good also.

• Visited September 2012