“just ok”

Cuisines: Thai
Description: Telephone: (774) 745-7800 Open Mon-Sun 11:30 Am to 9:00 PM
Description: Telephone: (774) 745-7800 Open Mon-Sun 11:30 Am to 9:00 PM
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I was really excited when this restaurant first opened, I love Thai food. But, the portions aren't as good as other places and I have come to think that it is overpriced for what they give you. Just my opinion.

There are newer reviews for Thai House Restaurant

Reviewed September 21, 2010

I found it hard to rate but 3.5 stars overall seems about right. I only tried one dish as I had already eaten and was still hungry but just a little. I had the Pad See You.

But first things first, I walk in and the Hostess was not Thai but a girl with dyed red hair. That's fine of course, but I was starting to wonder a bit about authenticity of the food. I know, I'm bad. She seemed nice enough at first, suggesting I could sit at the bar. I told her I was going to get take-out and she asked soon after if I wanted a drink or something. When I said no, and said I needed more time to decide, she seemed aggravated and did not talk to me again, even though I was standing up and looking her way once I was ready.

A really young-looking Thai guy took my order and seemed pleasant enough. The order arrived in 5-10 minutes as he said it would. As a side note, it was a Saturday night but there was only a handful of people there, which concerned me too. Well, when I took the food home, it seemed bland or cafeteria-style at first and was wondering if this is really authentic Thai. It tasted better the second time I had it. To be fair, I think I had a cold and that was wearing off more the second time. So in retrospect, I would rate the food NOT as "Wow this is delicious and some of the best food I ever had!", as 5 stars would indicate. It was good, maybe on the verge of very good, but not that good. I was debating 3 or 4 stars, so I would say 3.5. The atmosphere was really nice, but not jaw-dropping spectacular or anything. I'd go back and I'd reccomend this to a friend, it is a small town after all and this is the best food in that town with about 3 options. I would give a slight edge to Chef Sau's in Spencer though.

Reviewed April 14, 2010

I've eaten at Thai House Restaurant six or seven times now. The decor is simple and direct with pleasant lighting and Thai artwork and art objects around the room. There is seating for perhaps 50 people.

The menu is extensive and the food seems much more authentic than other local Thai restaurants. I've recently tried the Bangkok House Sampler appetizer, the sate with satisfying peanut sauce, the spicy mussels, fish cakes, and golden cups. The Tom Yum hot and sour soup is fragrant and quite good.

Entrees range from many curries to noodles to seafood. I've tried the Pad Thai, the Lemon Shrimp, the Massaman Curry, another curry called Hot Ocean that included lots of seafood. I liked the Pattaya Medallion seafood medley and the Basil Calamari very much. And a friend ordered the Thai House Duck which looked quite good.

Parking can be limited, so park across the street in a side street next to the car dealership. Service is friendly and attentive and the staff is eager to help in choosing from the menu. I highly recommend this restaurant as the best Thai food in the Brookfield/Spencer area.

1  Thank redeco