“Plentiful, delicious and piping hot”

Johnny Macaronis Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We go here for Birthdays. Serving are large, everythings delicious and served piping hot. If you order a side salad you'll always go home with leftovers which are just as good the next day! Seafood items are fresh and traditional Italian dishes right on the mark! Haven't tried everything , yet, but intend to.

2  Thank bsmWB

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I live walking distance from JMacs. I love going there to eat, and then having leftovers for the next three days. The prices are great considering the portion size. The drinks are normally good, but sometimes they sound better than they are. My favorite is the seasonal buffalo chicken Mac and cheese!

1  Thank Folloni1117
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Awesome food, awesome take out....great place, wonderful people. I love when you don't feel like cooking it is right up the street. Their meatballs are out of this world

1  Thank Chris R
Reviewed March 31, 2013

So my husband has been talking about Johnny macaronis forever now. He used to go when he was young and has been insisting on myself trying it when we decided to go for an Easter lunch today. I consider myself a conisure in Italian cuisine and was excited to finally try this place. However I am extremely disappointed! The big draw for my husband for years (and myself) was that all their pastas were homemade! My husband used to love as a child watch from a window going into the kitchen see all the pastas being made fresh on site. We told our daughter about this who was equally excited to see these pastas made. Unfortunately when we arrived inside that window was gone? We sat and the atmosphere was so so. The menu was extensive and our server was attentive. When we asked if any of the pastas were still homemade we were very let down that NONE of their pastas were homemade anymore. I decided to order a veal dish with eggplant and prosciutto in a red sauce with a side of penne. The dish arrived promptly but the veal was chewy and the sauce was watery and plain. I would have rathered a jar of Ragu over this dish instead of the house marinara it cme in. The portions were hefty and a good size for the price. We ordered after dinner coffee drinks that were the best part of our dining experience. They had a crystallized sugar coating made of alcohol and rimmed the outside of the glasses which was a different but delish touch! My hope is that the chef and/or owner will see this review and think about going back to the olden days when they made a name for themselves doing homemade pastas. That was ALL I ever heard of this place and was contemplating walking out when our server told us that is not the case anymore! Unless that changes I will not be returning to Johnny macaronis. I prefer my fav Italian restaurant in the area at La Scalas in Randolph!

3  Thank Lau08
Reviewed February 19, 2013

have been there for lunch-but dinner a whole new pleasure-a group of friends went out for dinner and went to johnny mac's-ordered i think the dish was called italian festival day-it was served on a platter-for $11.95-omg-i have food for 3 more meals-the lasgna was a meatloaf pan size-the chix parm was the size of a small frizzbee with a meatball the size of a tennis bowl-the antipasto-could serve 4 ppl easy-not only good size but good itlaian food-u think u r in itlay-the service was fantastic-the group of ppl get together every other month and have been to alot of restaurants-not anymore-always back to johnny mac's-please do yourself a favor-go to johnny macs -