“Great food great service”
Review of Sun Tavern

Sun Tavern
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Duxbury
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Sun Tavern is an upscale yet casual fine dining restaurant located just south of Boston in a quaint farmhouse dating back to pre-revolutionary days. On a country road in the seaside community of Duxbury, The Sun Tavern's warm inviting environment is a reminder of days gone by, with a fireplace sitting area to warm your soul and five separate dining areas to enjoy the company of others.The Sun Tavern offers a vast array of American cuisine. Listed as one of The Phantom Gourmets "Top 100 Restaurants in New England", you will find cuisine that rivals the finest that Boston has to offer. Awarded the "Gold Plate" by Billy Costa of T.V. Diner and rated "Gourmet Greatness" by the Phantom Gourmet, The Sun Tavern is the place to dine on the South Shore.
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Celebrated our anniversary there and it was great- service and food was excelent-will def. return this year

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have been to Sun Tavern a few times, and decided to write now after going for my birthday a few days ago. As usual, the restaurant was cozy, I love the ambiance in this great old building. Our server the other night was Dazerai, she was EXCELLENT!!! She suggested the drink special: apple cider, vanilla vodka and champagne with a cinnamon sugar rim. She was very attentive, and the food was excellent (i had the scollops my boyfriend had the pork chop). The bar area is very inviting too! I can't wait to go back !!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I want to love this place...its down the street and one of the few establishments in town....but everytime I have dined here it has been not very good....and how can you screw up a salad? Soapy wine glass...no ac...even my book club will not go back...

2  Thank beachlady
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I've been to this restaurant several times in the past 2 years. The ambiance is great and the service, especially Sasha in the bar area, is awesome! I was a little disappointed in the food on my past visit but it is usally great. Steak was good but soup was luke-warm at best and way overpriced - the bowl literally had 4 spoonfuls. This is not typical of my experience here and I hope it wa just a one off.

1  Thank bmv1974
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The restaurant recommends its specialty prime rib which I decided to try for the first time. While cooked to medium rare as requested the meat was a little tough. I like prime rib that just melts in your mouth. Salads, sides and other companion's meals were fine so next time I need to make a different selection.

Been to Sun Tavern? Share your experiences!