“Duxbury's little secret”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Used to live in Duxbury, and eat here almost every Friday night. But now live in Ohio so not many chances to enjoy the Milepost. This is the perfect neighborhood tavern and restaurant. The bar is my favorite area to dine. You get great service, great assortment of wines and beers, and your food is out before you know it. I've had their cheeseburger club on toasted wheat bread which is awesome (all burgers are awesome). But I've also had their chicken Caesar salad (baked or crispy), clam chowder (exceptional), scrod, and multiple other seafood dishes. Never had a bar meal and the pricing is very reasonable.

It is fun to sit at the bar and listen to the locals catch up with each other. If you go often enough the bartender knows your name and beverage of choice.

You need a reservation for the restaurant part, but can usually find a seat in the bar. You can eat at the bar or in smaller tables in the bar area. They also do lunch which is equally good, and even a bit less expensive.

So if you are looking for great food, local charm, and great service, then find this place! Easiest way is to get off at exit 10 on Route 3, and head north into Duxbury. It's at the flashing light at the first "major" intersection, on your right.

If you get to the fore station you've gone too far!

My last two trips to Boston have included a trip to the Milepost, and it has never disappointed.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

my friends and I usually meet every few months at the milepost for a meeting and great food. The service is always great and the food is just as good. We usually stay longer that anticipated but the wait staff are always patient. For great food and good service and good meeting the milepost is the place to go.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Haven't been here for quite some time. Last week a friend and I got together for lunch and decided to go to the Milepost. We met in the bar at 1 and had a fabulous time. Bar maid was pleasant, menu was extensive but we both decided on the fried clam plate when was perfect! The clams were large and cooked to perfection. Fries and cole slaw accompanied the clams with a wondeful homemade tartar sauce...this plate was HUGE and Delish! Had a couple of glasses of pinot gregio to boot! Lots of good conversation and laughs. Will return often now that we've rediscovered the Milepost...Go!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Always looking for a good restaurant on the South Shore. We were taking a friend from Duxbury to dinner and she recommended this one. She said she's been going here for many years. We haven't seen each other for quite some time and our waitress was very understanding as we caught up. We all had the Sole Francese, and we all loved it. What a dish! We will definitely be back.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I had an errand to run today. We are familiar with the area but had never stopped for a meal. We decided to stop for an early lunch and we spotted he Milepost Tavern half a mile down the street. Even at the early hour, it appeared as though there was a good crowd, which we took to be a good sign. Good sign indeed!

My wife proclaimed the clam plate the best clams she could remember; medium bellied, lightly breaded and perfectly cooked. I had to agree as I managed to peck a half-dozen off her heaping plate to make sure they were that good...and yes they were.

I had a blu-burger with a hand made, fresh burger/lettuce, tomato and red onion on a fresh roll,
cooked as requested. It too was excellent, as was the service.

I did a double take when the bill arrived. I've become use to paying far more for a lot less and I don't think we'll need an errand next week for a return trip.

As we left, we noticed that they were filled to capacity and a line already forming at the front door...and rightfully so.