“The food, service and comfortable surroundings are a pleasure.”

Milepost Tavern Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Duxbury
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The fried clams were prepared perfectly. The menu was varied. The service was good and it was comfortable and not noisy. The wait staff and restaurant give the appearance that they have been there for years. If you aren't from the local area, it is off the beaten path.

Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stopped here for a cocktail on the way to our B&B in Duxbury and loved it so much that we went back for dinner. I had the lobster casserole which was out of this world! Delicious REAL mashed potatoes and a fresh salad were great too. Since the bar is so cozy and charming, we ate dinner there on Friday night. Both bartenders, Nancy and Sharon was just as personable as can be. We have eaten here once or twice a year for several years. This year we even made a point of staying overnight in Duxbury with The Milepost being one of our highlights. Friday night there was a piano player who was fantastic (until he let some young girl "practice" on the piano - definitely a no-no in my book)

1  Thank Jean293
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Stopped here after a walk to Myles Standish Monument (which is pretty beat) and had a lovely anniversary dinner. Hostess and waitstaff were friendly and efficient. The tavern feels very authentic - cozy and quaint with lots of warm wood paneling, candle glow, and low ceilings. We were a party of three that included our young toddler - who was welcomed with a package of wicki-sticks upon arrival. It's a family-friendly atmosphere, not stuffy or pretentious.
Dinner were delicious- I had shrimp with a mustard cream sauce and my husband had the prime rib. Seafood bisque was a standout. Salad portion and soup portions are a bit small. prices were moderately high, but not unreasonable. They serve early birds from 3-5 but we had just missed that menu. (The restaurant was quite crowded at 5:30!)

Around 6:30 a piano player (Steven Lanzillotta) arrived and that really topped things off - he was wonderful! We heard all of our old favorite Cole Porter and Gerswhin tunes. He even played our song! It was a special night, but we plan to be back again soon!

1  Thank janutee
Reviewed June 9, 2010

After purchasing tickets in Cohasset at the SS MUSIC CIRCUS, My handicapped son, signiificant other and myself traveled the length of rt. 3A and, just by chance, came upon the MILEPOST TAVERN. Worth the ride!! Although we had club sandwiches, they were magnificent, and the fresh brewed iced tea was delicious served in mason jars.. My son was fascinated with the two seater table fashioned from an old SINGER sewing machine table placed in front of the fireplace. The decor was historic and quite restful to look at.. A wonderful interlude in a busy day,.
CAN'T WAIT TO RETURN.!!!

Reviewed October 4, 2009

I ordered the Prime Rib and it was a generous portion,my husband had the Baked Scrod and he was very pleased with it. The vegetables and potatos could have been hotter but the entrees were good.
Our waitress was very attentive (Patty) and we enjoyed the music of the piano player.
I would like to see them add their bar menu to their dinner menu. We had drinks at the bar later and enjoyed them. It was packed when we got there but we got a table right away,just the bar side was completely full.
It is no fault of the restaurants but I would reccommend that people not bring their children if they are too young as the restaurant is not large and if children don,t behave it can spoil the fun for others near them.

Thank BugletMa.