“Dim Sum -- Sumptious”

Cuisines: Chinese
USA
“Dim Sum -- Sumptious”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

The dim sum variety is really extensive, fresh and tasty. We like the buffet style that allows one to review all the wonderful selections before choosing. The dining room opens onto the Merrimack river, so the room is bright and the view is very nice. The restaurant is modest in decor but pleasantly decorated. If I had a suggestion, it would be new carpets.

• Visited April 2012

Concord, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“*** BEST *** DIM SUM Restaurant near New Hampshire State !!!”
Reviewed October 3, 2010

I went for Dim Sum (individual orders) in Manchester, NH last year, that was bad! And I went to newly opened Sunshine Oriental Restaurant in Concord, NH for individual Dim Sum order last week. It was OKAY and variety is not enough. Their chicken feet is too hard and not well done!

But I tried Lin Garden Restaurant in Dracut, MA for the first time yesterday. It was the best Dim Sum lunch I have ever had and it does exceed my expectation! It's Dim Sum BUFFET - ALL YOU CAN EAT!!! My 9-year-old daughter and I love Chicken Feet and Chow Fun! Other dim sum like beef stripes, Hai Gau, sweet soft bean curd (my favorite dessert), mai fun, etc. Those are really good! The price is GREAT DEAL. It's only $12.95 per adult and $7.95 per child plus tax and tips (if dine in). The buffet also include tea for free! You can also take out Dim Sum. The atmosphere is comfortable and roomy! You can see the river thru the back porch/balcony. The water is still green, but it's better than nothing!

Those who're from New Hampshire or near the border of New Hampshire should go there! It's very easy to get there. It's only 4 miles from the Exit off I-93, go on 101 West. Lin Gardens Restaurant is right on the left side. I'd like to go there every weekend instead of Boston!

Please DO RECOMMEND people who want Dim Sum to go to Lin Garden Restaurant in Dracut, MA.

1 Thank DimSumLover123
Lexington, MA
“Really good Chinese restaurant on the shores of the Merrimack River”
Reviewed January 24, 2010

We ate at Lin Garden for Sunday dim sum brunch buffet today (1/24/2010) and were very pleased with the variety and quality of the food.

The dining room seats about 100 at 28 tables, plus there's a small bar nearby with several tables. Many tables have a panoramic view of the merrimack river flowing close by the restaurant. The buffet was on three tables, and I counted 43 dishes, including dim sum (Chinese meat/veggie/fish filled pastries and buns), hot dishes including crab, eggplant, bitter vegetable (try something different, it's good!), soups (including the usual hot and sour, but also soy milk soup and a tasty noodle soup). If you're adventurous you can try the chicken feet (I'm not that adventurous), steamed clams, peking ravioli, fried chicken, flavorful sticky rice buns, fried rice, and a nice variety of Chinese-style desserts (I like the bean cakes).

Owner Andy Chung was there to greet us and we had really good seating. Every time I went to the buffet there were others there who raved about the food.

If you're looking for a really good Chinese buffet in the Merrimack Valley area, you need to look this place up.

Lin Garden is open 11:30am-9:30pm daily, Friday and Saturday 10:30am-10:30pm. They occasionally have comedy nights where you can get comedy and buffet for $25/person. The Sunday buffet cost us $12.95/person and considering the quality and variety of food we considered this a reasonable price (don't get any ideas Andy!).

Lunch buffet is weekdays 11:30-2pm, Dinner buffet is 5-8:30pm Wednesday through Sunday 5-8:3pm, Friday and Saturday 5-9:30pm; Dim Sum buffet is 11:30am-2:30pm Saturday and Sunday. They offer luncheon specials and a variety of dinner combination plates as well.

The restaurant does not offer Wifi. Parking is free in their off-street parking lot. The restaurant has had the same owner for 25 years and he has remodeled the place several times, the decor is nice and new.

1 Thank SteveInMA
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great Dim Sum. They don't roll the steam carts, but the pot stickers and numerous other little delights are très...”
Reviewed April 4, 2008

Great Dim Sum. They don't roll the steam carts, but the pot stickers and numerous other little delights are très de-lish

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook