“GOOD FAMILY RESTAURANT”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We used to go there all the time when we lived in Mass. but since we moved to NH it is out of our way. But, when we went there, it was had very good food and service

Reviewed June 16, 2012

We have eaten here at the village Inn on a few occasions. The food is good but nothin spectacular. The wait staff is always friendly and on top of things. What this place really needs is some major updating on the decor. It is very dreary and dark inside at night. It just needs some major renovating and new flooring. It certainly wouldnt make the food better but some dishes are pretty good. The prime rib is great though. If your just looking for a night out to eat without ambiance, go here. Prices are average and there is a bar in the back of the resturant.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Four of us had their seafood,fried clams,baked haddock&scallops and baked haddock topped with tomato sauce and cheese....all very good,fresh,hot and the wait staff was always near by. Its only a few miles from us and we kind-of forgot about the Village Inn,but now we will go more frequent . YOU GOT TO TRY THEIR FOOD...THE PLACE WAS PACKED !!!!!!!!!

2  Thank peter l
Reviewed January 27, 2011

I used to go to this restaurant as a child with my great grandfather and it was by far my favorite place to go. BUT, when I went to this restaurant on 1/22/2010 I had by far the WORST experience of my life. My boyfriend, my father, and I all ordered medium prime rib and the server came out an said they only had 2 pieces left. My dad decided to go with the ribs, but my boyfriend and I decided to go with the prime rib. The server informed us that the one of the prime rib was the surf and turf so my boyfriend got the surf and turf meal. I ordered the english cut and when they brought all the food out MY food was cold and my prime rib was dry. To top it all off the cook took it upon himself to give me the 24oz cut of Prime Rib. Seriously if I wanted that cut I would have ordered it. Needless to say I was not a happy person and I old took 3 bites out of my meal. I will NEVER go back there again!

2  Thank abouley08
Reviewed December 6, 2010

As a resident of Andover, I frequent The Village Inn quite often. The food is always delicious, and the portions are so big I don’t know how some people leave without having a takeout in their hand. The server is always very attentive, even on busy weekend nights when clearly the restaurant is on a wait. They always do their best to accommodate everyone. For example, I have a gluten allergy, and although their menu does not specifically point out gluten free options, when I mentioned to my server my allergy, she was ready to offer an array of options I can get that suited my specific needs.
My company has had their Christmas party there for the past three years, and every year everything is exceptional. We always opt for a buffet and the food is delicious, and very well priced for the amount of food you get. The favorite of all my co-workers seems to be the buffet which offers prime rib, baked haddock, and pork loin with salad, vegetables, mashed potatoes, gravy, etc. Understanding that food cannot be brought home from the buffet (come on people, when was the last time you went to a restaurant buffet and expected to be able to pack food up to bring home??), everyone was stuffed and very satisfied at the end of the meal. The function servers are always on top of their game and are willing to cooperate with whatever needs we have. We are always very pleased at the end of our party!
Just as a side note, I was reading the last review, and having been a server throughout college and knowing how difficult and unreasonable some people can be, I think it was especially rude to for these women to badger the server about separating a check, especially when it was made clear at the beginning of the meal the check wasn’t going to be separated. It just seems that instead of putting yourselves and the server through the stress, especially around the holidays; wouldn’t it have been easier to just divide the check evenly between all?

1  Thank MaryAnn4282