“I WAS A LITTLE SURPRISED”

Tony and Ann's Pizza
Ranked #11 of 76 Restaurants in Dracut
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: The base Tony and Ann's Pizza is loaded with gooey cheese and delicious sweet sauce. That does not mean you can't have it your way though. You can ask for light cheese, extra cheese, thick crust, light sauce and extra sauce. You can can have your pizza 1/2 cooked to eat later. You can have a crispy bottom so that maybe it is easier to eat or you can go well done for those "Char Broil" lovers (we won't really char broil your pizza). The choice is yours.
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We brought our grandaughters here the first time for pizza,because we thought that there pizza was legendary,bt even though the pizza was good,we did not fund that it was the best pizza we have ever had.We found the sauce,kind if sweet,and not to much seasoning in the taste.He crust could also have been cooked a little bit more.I can tell you that there french frys were positivly the best frys that we have ever had.They were golden brown and absolutly delicious.He service and the staff was very good.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

The pizza is the same as it has ever been. It's going to be you either love it or hate it. The sauce is super sweet and everything runs everywhere. It's a little pricey, and the hours stink (but I believe they have jobs outside of re-opening the place), but it's great pizza.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

I was all about the hype when Tony and Ann's reopened. I thought to myself, "well everyone is make a big deal about it, it must be good." Then I brought home two cheese pizzas and was hugely disappointed. This pizza is very confusing. It is ridiculously sweet. I dont know if its the sauce or the dough? Every bite I took I was so consumed with trying to figure it out. I could only east two slices though. Its like instead of flour they used sugar to make the dough.

2  Thank Tom H
Reviewed August 29, 2010

If you live in the Lowell area it's more than likely that you know about this local legend. The pizza served at Tony and Ann's is a one of a kind. The pizza has a sweet sauce and unique cheese blend that you won't find anyplace else - and this CAN NOT be overstated.

In addition to the unique taste, the place has a storied history, with three generations involved in the business, and several spots on the Simpson's in the 90's. Tony and Ann's spent the majority of it's existence in North Chelmsford, before closing it's doors in 2002. However, the grandchildren of the original founders reopened the restaurant in Dracut early in 2010. And through it all the recipe and many of the faces behind the counter have remained the same.

Some personal favorites of mine are the plain pizza, and meatball sandwich.

Worth noting is that they also sell frozen pizza's. In the past Tony and Ann's used to close in the winter, so people would stock up with "frozens" while they were closed. The "frozens" cook up and taste EXACTLY the same as ones ordered fresh.

1  Thank ba70