“Decent hotel, terrible breakfast”

SpringHill Suites Devens Common Center
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Devens
Cambodia
“Decent hotel, terrible breakfast”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Decent size rooms, comfortable though spartan decor, terrible breakfast with plastic cutlery, free wifi, better facilities at the Hilton which is bang opposite. Decent restaurant opposite for dining, location is fairly convenient, checkin staff not terribly efficient and quite laid back

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the first level or higher, the ground level rooms are not as quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Daytripper1on1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have been staying at the Springhill Suites in Devens for business, and the service is wonderful.
They always remember me and what I need for my stay, I would highly recommend this hotel, and there are two restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I reserved a room here because of the rate and semi-close proximity to Wachussett Ski Mountain. During the weekend that I stayed here it started to snow a lot. I am a gold rewards member and requested a late check out (2pm,, normal c/o = noon) because the heavy snowfall was supposed to subside mid afternoon. The hotel denied my request stating that housekeeping needed to clean the room so they could get home. The hotel was at less than half of its capacity so one dirty room shouldn't have been a problem for one night. Poor management, poor customer service, poor breakfast. If you need to stay in the area there is a Hilton right next store. If not, I would go with different Marriott because it gets a lot better than what this hotel has to offer. Regards

Room Tip: This is an average Springhill w/ below average service.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank David_C_S83
Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Disappointed in this our second visit. Hotel is located very close to where we need to visit family. Our room was not made up during the day. When we asked the desk clerk he told us they were not a "full service" hotel and we needed to request clean towels and our beds to be made. We questioned housekeeping the next morning and they told us the that was NOT true. Desk personnel seems very inexperienced and uniformed. Hotel is clean and adequate. Difficult to maintain a constant temperature in the room as the blower sends out cold air. Breakfast choices are good but not outstanding. Think we'll be staying at the Hilton next time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Pat B
mikeegan122569, Regional director posted for the General Manager at SpringHill Suites Devens Common Center, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you again for your recent communication regarding your stay.
We have taken this opportunity to improve our services and our communication.
We look forward to another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Maura
New London, Connecticut
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Whenever possible when I'm away for two or more nights, I try to stay in an "extended stay" hotel. There's room to work, fridge and microwave if you need them and usually a breakfast to start your day off on the right foot. However, the breakfast here was simply stunning. There was only a choice of two cereals, the top two premium cerreals - outstanding. There are cold meats and cheese or a hot cooked breakfast, followed by croissants, bagels and muffins.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stay at this hotel monthly. I will never stay here again. The front desk is rude. The cleaning staff threw my shoes out and my last visit they stole my cell phone. I am also a government official and they did not give me my rate,very snotty. I have had my company direct bill another Hotel and thank god because the women who saved me from all this rudeness no longer works at this hotel but now works at my new one so now I feel home. I would never reccomend this hotel ever...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Purplelilly73
mikeegan122569, Regional Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Devens Common Center, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for your feedback.
We take all comments seriously and address such concerns accordingly.
We look forward to serving you better in the future.
Sincerly,
Pat Harrington
Hotel Manager
Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My only complaint with this hotel is it was booked six weeks out and I couldn't stay as long as I would have liked. Room is good size, breakfast was great. Here is what really pushed me to give the 5-star review, the Cable!!
The room had an actual, xfinity HD cable box with Showtime and HBO with an HDMI connection to a flat screen TV. I could use the On-Demand absolutely free! Beats the heck out of lodge-net. As another reviewer mentioned though, the internet is slow! I used my tethering during peak times. The staff was amazing and incredibly helpful and took steps to greet me by name, an awesome touch of personalized service!
A couple of downs though, the maids didn't always re-stock amenities. one time they actually put the empty shampoo back? My AC broke, but it was fixed within an hour (went to dinner and back and it was good to go). Again, I can overlook these because of the Cable Box though! I've never seen that in a hotel room before!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Devens
Hilton Garden Inn Devens Common
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Leominster
Courtyard Boston Littleton
Courtyard Boston Littleton
#1 of 1 in Littleton
Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28)
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro
Westford Regency Inn
Westford Regency Inn
#3 of 3 in Westford

Been to SpringHill Suites Devens Common Center? Share your experiences!