“completely disappointed!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Great American Grill Devens Common
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in Devens
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Worcester, MA
“completely disappointed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Was so excited to eat at the grille again since I am back at Devens but my experience was completely nothing, NOTHING, NOTHING like my last! When I was sat I was told my waitress Ashley would be right with us, but that took about 10 minutes to happen! Not too mention when she first came to the table she reaked of cigarettes, which is NOT what you want to smell when you're about to eat dinner!! I tried to get over that, but her service was nothing to brag about, seemed to have a huge attitude! Every time our table was looking for her she was no where to be found, once she came back to the table surprise, surprise she smelled like cigarettes! The food was decent, however, not as good as me or the other people in my battalion had remembered from last time. Seemed to have a completely new staff, which is never a good sign. It's so disappointing since I had such a fantastic experience last time! This time was a complete and utter disappointment!! Will not recommend this to ANY of the soldiers at Devens!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MellyMelMellyMel

Worcester, MA
“Surprisingly good!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Myself and about 7 others in my battalion decided to try this restaurant out on a Saturday night. Was able to get right in for a party of 8 at about 6pm, which was a HUGE plus!! Our waiter was great and had a few suggestions of his favorites! He was very attentive and drinks and food came out quickly!! I had the chowder and, with our waiter's recommendation, the Bourbon Steak, and both were absolutely delicious!! I don't think there was a complaint at the table!! Next time I'm in the area this is my first stop for a meal!!

• Visited June 2012
Devens, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very clean-brand new”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

We went here with friends and family for a birthday dinner. The waitress was very nice, we were her only customers and so she kept checking on us. The food was pretty good and we loved the atmosphere. Two women from our group stated that this was a better choice than Devens Grill. We will be back!

Visited August 2012
Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overpriced food, Overpriced drinks, poor service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

I didn't eat the food. It was overpriced and Devens Grill right next door had a similar, but slightly cheaper menu. I ordered a Michelob Ultra Bottle. Drank my beer, asked for the check.
I get a bill for a Bud Light Draft. I tell her that's not mine. She brings me back another person's check for a Sam Adams (mind you my empty bottle is still sitting in front of me). Finally, I get my check for a Mich Ultra. $4.25 for a low grade light beer is pretty steep in my opinion. The only comparison I can make is the 16 Ounce Draft BL at Devens next door is $3.50. Not insanely high, but high for a moderate level hotel bar in my opinion.

I would have gone with a three for the nice atmosphere and decorum, taking off two points for a rude bartender who can't read.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hershey, PA
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Food was excellent and prepared to specifications. Service was outstanding. I had a wonderful experience and will definitely eat there again!

Visited June 2012