“Another Nice Stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Devens
Mitchellville, Iowa
“Another Nice Stay”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We again enjoyed our stay here despite some hiccups. Our room type request was fulfilled and it was clean and well maintained. Twice our keys had to be re-enabled but we were taken care of quickly and courteously. The pool and exercise room are great. We're looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
York, Maine
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights, and I found it quiet, clean, safe. Easy access.
I'd go back. My favorite staff was the group of housekeeping ladies on the 4th floor. Friendly and happy to doing their work. Also front desk was very helpful and pleasant.

Mechanic Falls, Maine
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This was nice place, excellent front desk service, the restaurant service was great and the meal was good. The rooms were very clean and I would easily stay here again. There was snow storm and freezing rain during my stay and the parking lot was cleared quicklyand well maintained.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, in a beautiful setting. The hotel is in a country setting. The rooms are clean and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast is made your way. It snowed during my stay and the roads were well maintained. The staff was extremely nice.

Room Tip: When traveling Hilton's are their for you! I like the first floor so that I do not disturb other...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I've stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn several times since it's opened, and overall I think it's a great option if you're staying in the area.

The rooms are clean, modern and a good size. The beds are adjustable and the method to do so is explained by a card left in the room and at check-in. The bathrooms are a good size, although it does bother me slightly that King bed rooms only have a shower. You have to get a room with two Queen beds to get a bathtub. The rooms also have a small kitchenette with a fridge and microwave, which is very nice. I only ate breakfast at the hotel once, but it was very good. I also have had dinner there a few times, and always enjoyed the food. They even offer free cookies and coffee/tea in the evenings.

I have just a few small issues with the hotel.
1) The heating and A/C systems in the rooms are odd. Each time I have stayed there, I felt like I had to keep futzing with the system to get it to work. The room would have to get 2-3 degrees colder then what I had it set to before the heat would kick on, for example. Not sure what the deal is with that, but its happened in each room I stayed in.
2) The hot tub in the pool area doesn't seem to have been designed correctly. The jets are very high up in the tub, and if they are turned on water splashes everywhere. (Forget reading a magazine in the hot tub with the jets on!)
3) The hotel serves Starbucks coffee. I know many people like Starbucks, but I really dislike it, so I can never drink the coffee there.

Of course, these are all really minor issues. Given the very limited options in this area, I will definitely be coming back here in the future!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This hotel is very clean and nice. They have very hard beds that were tough to sleep on. When we checked out we noticed a small card that explained how the firmness of the beds is adjustable. Wish they told us this when we checked in. Could have avoided tossing and turning all night. When we got in for the evening I went to shower and found no shower cap. Did not want to sleep with wet hair or blow my hair dry. Just wanted to shower and sleep. Such a small cost to provide these for guests . This is the first place I have stayed that did not have them for the guests. Staff was very nice, but wish I could have gone to my room that night and showered and fallen asleep on a comfortable bed. Pretty much the reason we booked the room. Oh well.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms half way down the hall are very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracys Landing, Maryland
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Not too many places to stay in this area. This is the best by far. The rooms are great. They have a nice made to order breakfast -- not just a microwaved buffet like the main competitor in the area. Nice pool with hot tub. More extensive exercise equipment in the fitness room than competitor as well.

The rooms have nice spacious walk in showers -- no tubs here.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel faces east so the light begins creeping through cracks in the drapes early.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Devens
SpringHill Suites Devens Common Center
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Leominster
Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28)
Courtyard Boston Littleton
Courtyard Boston Littleton
#1 of 1 in Littleton
Westford Regency Inn
Westford Regency Inn
#3 of 3 in Westford
Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Devens Common? Share your experiences!