Bluegreen Vacations The Soundings, Ascend Resort Collection
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Dennis Port
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I can't say enough about this resort. The staff are EXCELLENT! I can't say enough about the front desk staff, maintenance and housekeeping. The apartment we had was EXCELLENT! The beach is wonderful. They still have renovations going on and I'm sure it will be as beautiful as what was constructed. The only down side is it's a timeshare. But I'm sure they will not sell out all the apartments and/or you can rent from a timeshare owner. So if you go, be patient with the renovations and ask. They really try to give their guests whatever is needed. Anyone that brings bikes-you must have locks. And towels, boogie boards, etc-bring them in. Unfortunately I had a boogie board stolen. Guests also said they have had bike, towels, etc stolen. That is very unfortunate, but certainly not the resorts fault.

Room Tip: It's best to contact their main office for reservations
2  Thank dk6499

Reviewed August 9, 2011

My husband and I have been Bluegreen vacation club owners since 2003 and have never had a bad visit to any of the resorts until now. The Soundings was an old Cape resort that is in transition with bluegreen updating it, however they really need to only rent the west wing because the rest is diplorable. Our condo was new, but carpets and floors were dirty. We had no cook top as promised (nothing to cook with except a microwave) and when we got the sheets for the hide a bed they had blood on them and were dirty. Tried to get front desk@ 10.00pm and they were closed. We are platinum owners and were given a condo that faced the parking lot on one side and a wall on the other. Everything was under noisy construction, not a relaxing trip at all. Last but not least the front desk kept trying to charge us for our condo. Come on Bluegreen get it together. Stay at your own risk or make sure you can get the west wing.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank WillawayDavison
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Just spent 5 nights with my family. What a great find! We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite that was brand new. They are going through renovations, which we were aware of, NOT a problem! When the renovations are completed, this resort is going to be awesome! From their GM (Jake), Front Office Mgr. (Malisia?), Front Desk Staff (Rick) and a few others that I couldn't remember their names, we couldn't have asked for better service.

1  Thank AWSM4US
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This place basically stunk. In more ways than one. We booked our rooms in the new building, but they switched us to the old dumpy one without our consent. It smelled like a basement and the furnishings were outdated and pretty gross. Actually, we just checked in about an hour ago, and if it weren't for the 3 day notice cancellation policy, we would NOT be staying. Some relatives got rooms in the new building, and they are gorgous. Just make sure that if you stay here, you get a new room. If they try to stick you in the old rooms, cancel immediately.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I see most people think this place is out dated And yea it is but I have to say I am part of bluegreen who are In the middle of making this hotel over so yes well some rooms are still out dated the new room are very nice and there is an indoor Pool with hot tub an outdoor pool
Over looking the ocean And your right on the beach the place is clean and the new plans look great plus location is pretty much In the middle of the cape...I look forward to my trip there every year and cant wait to see the new changes

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Great location. Very nice landscaping. Newer buildings look great. Our room was in the older section, near the office/lobby. We did not have an ocean view, but would definitely spend the extra $'s for it if we go back. Bathroom was clean, but carpeting in the whole room was wet and never dried out during the week we were there. Plenty of lounge chairs by the shore -- we enjoyed sitting there for hours in the evening, watching the moon & ocean, and listening to the water.

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This was not the first time we had stayed at The Soundings. The resort is right on the beach, there is an outdoor pool, an indoor pool and a large hot tub. We enjoyed it so much last year, we couldn't wait to go back again this year. What a disappointment! The company who purchased the resort has re-shingled the front of the building and created a beautiful checkin area. It also has remodeled some of the rooms - not the one we were given. That was understandable however, and I was willing to overlook the outdated bathroom and ill-fitting doors to the unit. However, the beach front has been reduced to only a tiny, few hundred feet. If you want to go for a walk along the beach, a leisurely walk back and forth takes only 3 or 4 minutes! You'll walk in endless circles on sand that had not been groomed and had a lot of oyster shells in it.

Most disappointing, and the real deal breaker for us, is that the indoor pool and hot tub, which we had been told upon checking in would be open until 10:00 p.m. each night, was closed by 9:00 each evening. Two nights there and we were locked out both both nights. When I asked the clerk why the pool was closed and if it could be open, he just shrugged and said there was nothing he could do about it. The third night we got back to the hotel after 10:00, so I don't know if it was kept open until then or not. We booked at The Soundings because of the indoor pool and hot tub - and ended up paying a lot more money than we would have paid elsewhere to have access to a pool which we never got to use when we wanted or access to Nantucket Sound which is now totally inadequate. We did go to the indoor pool in the morning, and the temperature was perfectly warm.

Staff at the service desk were very unhelpful. They spent an extremely long time on the telephone talking with callers, and would not even make eye contact with us while standing at the counter. We didn't even get a thank you when we checked out.

Finally, and a very big surprise to us, there was no wi-fi accessibility in the rooms. I had purchased a wi-fi contact with AT&T so I could use my iPad. Didn't work at all in the rooms. It did work outside of the room. I was told that there is computer accessibility in a small room that they have off the vestibule, or I could go sit outside of their sister property next door and try to hook into it's wi-fi. Since I couldn't use the computer or go swimming in the evening, I thought I'd watch TV, but there are only a few channels available and they were not major TV channels.

I hate to sound like a complainer. We usually like the places we stay at - or can find something positive to say. Not in this case. All in all, I cannot recommend The Soundings at all. I love the Cape, but will be finding another place to stay in the future.

2  Thank Tarnwood
Edgewater Beach Resort
Edgewater Beach Resort
#6 of 19 in Dennis Port
Corsair and Cross Rip Oceanfront

Been to Bluegreen Vacations The Soundings, Ascend Resort Collection? Share your experiences!