“Good place for a quick drink and music” 3 of 5 bubbles

Sand Dollar Bar & Grill
Ranked #28 of 46 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
weymouth,ma
“Good place for a quick drink and music”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stopped by for a evening drink and a little Irish music. This is just a summer place and certainly has the look and feel. Crowd was pretty mixed from famillies to guys getting ready to go out for the night. Music most nights.
Place does serve food though we only went for drinks. Definately a come as you are place.

• Visited July 2012

Toronto, Canada
“Worst meal we have ever had”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

We ended up here as we couldnt get a table at some of the nicer spots down the road. Service was very slow and not very good. Food was awful. Clam chowder was like water, Fried calamari was disgusting and greasy (mostly bread coating and little calamari), my wife's steamed clams were full of sand and she couldn't finish them. My fish tacos were ok. My two young kids were asking to leave as they did not enjoy the food at all and would rather eat at home. This place may be ok for a beer, but don't waste your money on the food. The cooks in the kitchen should learn how to cook.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Ashburn, Virginia
“Friendly and good for a break”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

The Sand Dollar is a nice place to get away and have a cold drink. It's casual, the people are nice, and the beer is cold. We've tried a couple of food items there, and it's nothing special. I don't think it's a place to go for a nice family meal, but if you just want someplace to get away from the beach or a tourist destination for a little while it will work fine for you.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Coram, New York
“Beach bar for sure”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2010

Not a bad place for a beer and easy food. The $.99 raw bar is great, though. Live music on weekends.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
NYC
“Friendly staff at the Sand Dollar!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

I read the two previous reviews with interest. I feel for the people who said that the Sand Dollar was unfriendly to tourists, but I must say, I have had the absolute opposite experience at the Sand Dollar. I am from Syracuse, NY, and the bartenders and staff have actually remembered my friends and I whenever we come in, and have been super friendly. The last time I was there, there was a great musician playing Irish songs, I think it was one of the Brennans, anyways we had a great time just singing along. Sand Dollar is a must-stop location every time I am out on the Cape. In fact, I will be there next week, and am looking forward to being there very soon!