“Wonderful seafood joint!”

Original Seafood
Ranked #9 of 47 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our first night on the Cape and we wanted seafood. We'd just driven all day, though, and didn't want to go far, and we didn't want to go fancy. We Googled seafood in our area and stumbled on Original Seafood. A casual grab-and-go type place with picnic tables outside and ample seating inside. I got the fried fish sandwich, which was excellent. My mom and sister split the lobster bomb, which I tried and was amazing. Slaw was great, service was fast but made to order. Really great place for a super casual meal. No complaints! I was rather surprised to see people give this place negative reviews because, like, it's a fried seafood joint - what did you except?! For what it is, it's pretty darn good!

2  Thank SamTravels926

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stopped in Original Seafood after seeing the great reviews on line. The food was a bit pricey put the portions were HUGE. I had a fried clam plate, my husband had a fried haddock plate, and my son had broiled haddock. The plates were so large that my husband thought I ordered a side of onion rings..... each! Food was amazing and I would go back again. My ONLY complaint was that I ordered broiled haddock for my 6 year old son, and specifically asked for plain fish, not fried. They suggested the broiled haddock and while it was not fried, it certainly wasn't plain enough for a 6 year old. He didn't like the seasoning, and we both thought it was a bit much for a child. Of course it wasn't on a children's menu, I realize that, but I did say I was looking for plain fish and my son was standing right there. It would have been helpful to know that it had a little kick to it. Just an oversight. The people were super nice and the food was great! I would go back again.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Not what we expected or what other reviews said. It is huge baskets of fried food that is way over priced and the place is run like a fast food restaraunt, which is really what it is. I had the fisherman s platter and they let me sub oysters for the shrimp but in the end it all just tasted fried.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Fried clams, fish and chips , and tonight my son enjoyed their 1LB lobster roll. Always the very best. Huge portions, fresh, fried fish, clams! No one can come close. Great for take out too, when my husband picks it up & drives 15 minutes, its still wonderful !!!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Had excellent lightly fried scallops and a haddock-slaw whole wheat wrap sandwich. We found the prices high for such a plain--yet appealing--place, but realized afterwards that those are standard prices for the Cape.