“Great fish sandwich”

Original Seafood
Ranked #9 of 47 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We were looking for a quick lunch before heading home from the cape and stopped when we saw Original Seafood. We both ordered the fried hadock sandwich, one with onion rings and one with french fries. The batter on the fish was light and crispy and the fish just delecious. We could not finish the food there was so much of it and the bill was only $20.00 including sodas.

Reviewed June 7, 2011

Lots of frying going on here. The fish and chips is a good deal at $10.25 for a huge plate with 2 large pieces of fish, a mountain of french fries and onion rings. Tasty but a touch greasy. But I guess that's the point of fried food.

Two people could easily share an order. Too bad it doesn't come with coleslaw because you need something to break up all the grease. Ate all the fish, a couple of fries and half the onion rings and I was stuffed.

1  Thank Jpan99
Reviewed December 23, 2010

This restaurant is just the ticket for great fast seafood. The portions are huge and the food is perfect cape fare. This is not a romantic spot by any means, but is clean,modern and well staffed, but the star is the seafood. The clams and onion rings are wonderfully cooked and full of flavor and the portions are way more than most people can eat. The lobster bomb is out of this world. It is a perfect lobster salad on a toasted roll......has a pound of lobster meat and very little filler.
I have been known to do takeout with the bomb and easily get three or four meals from it. That makes the price very reasonable.
My non seafood loving husband raves about the burgers and fries.
They do serve wine and beer which I have not tried, but at least it is available.
Booths and tables are roomy and comfortable. This unassuming place is a must for seafood lovers. I really don't know why, but
The lines are not out the door in this place, best fast food anywhere with nice friendly service.

Reviewed August 18, 2010

Ok, here's the scoop on “the original” seafood place as explained to me at my motel (Old Landing) . This is the site of THE ORIGINAL Kreme and Kone, which I remember well from my youth. It may have burned down, been sold etc. to new owners who established what appears to be an extremely popular (but new) Kreme and Kone not too far away. However, for nostalgia reasons, this is where I went. I had a fantastic seafood two item seafood platter (clams and scallops) with fries and rings. – more than you could eat. So much side items so that when 4 other family members happened to join me – I told no one to get side items as there was so much! So, if you go, only one person needs to get the platter. The clams and scallops were delicious. My uncle got crab cakes which did not look so fab, but I'm from Maryland and don't bother with crab cakes anywhere else.
I HAD to go back and try the lobster bomb – which they had explained to me at lunch was a POUND of lobster on the standard hot dog roll. I went there that night – got this HUGE LOBSTER bomb, which took two happy days to eat - at $26ish dollars, it was a bargain. (Um, I cut this into more manageable pieces and eat on crackers.) It's delish. So, while this place seems to get pretty busy, it didn't seem as out of control busy looking as the (not original) Kreme and Kone, so I thoroughly recommend trying it. If I'd been in town longer, I was going back for more clams and scallops.
This is a casual order at the counter kind of place that seemed to do a brisk carry out business too with young but friendly staff at the counter.
Would I got back there????? Are you kidding????

2  Thank Ms.Travels
Reviewed January 9, 2009

We were on the Cape all September in 2008.
When driving through Dennisport (we were staying in Harwichport ) we noticed "Original Seafood" and tried it out.
Am I glad we did!
My wife and I both really enjoyed all of the food we got there-from the fish and chips to the charbroiled burgers.
We were amazed by the huge mounds of onion rings served and noticed that many of the folks that ate there were real " Cape Codders".(You can tell.)
There are a lot of good ,reasonable places to eat on the Cape if you seek them out but "Original Seafood" ranks high on our list.
The employees were friendly and made us feel "at home".We got our meals there many times and were never disappointed.
I' ll tell you this.
Our first meal when we return to the Cape will be from "Original Seafood"- and I am really looking forward to it.

3  Thank Crowrook