Joy House Inc. Bed and Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Dennisport Motel(Dennis Port)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Coachman Motor Inn(South Harwich)
Oceanside Motel(Dennis Port)
View Hotel
The Cutty Sark(Dennis Port)
The Gaslight(Dennis Port)
Doryman Motel(Dennis Port)
View Hotel
All reviewsfirst morninghot tubb bcape codbarbarabeaglesfridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a true vintage setting, and the host Peter can tell you the story behind it. Morning call with the Rachmaninov Piano Concerto #2 in full power was a classic.
For the two rooms upstairs, you need to be physically capable to climb the steep stairs.
The beagles are the sweet spots of our stay. They are lovely and entertaining.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed at the Joy House for a week of R&R. It was the best "unwinding" vacation I can imagine. Barbara and Peter welcomed me like family with a chat about my interests and connections to all that I wanted to do (and encouragement to unwind) on Cape Cod. They have many little "extras" (snacks, local books and movies, a personally-crafted idea book of local attractions) that make your stay enjoyable. Their hospitality made me think about how I can be more welcoming when I have friends and family stay in my home.

Barbara is a fantastic cook. Instead of my usual mad dash out the door, breakfast became an indulgent experience. Peter does his part with special napkin folds and music selections tailored to your interests.

Because I missed my dog, I had regular access to the house beagles. Luther, newly appointed "Director of Guest Services", appointed himself my companion for a relaxing afternoon of reading in the hammock.

The location in Dennisport is very accessible to beaches, historical areas, and experiences in nature. The Atlantic Ocean is a short walk away. If the main beach is crowded, walking provides access to a city-managed beach that would otherwise require a local's parking permit.

Room Tip: B&B, no swimming pool or fitness center. However, they do have a hot tub and easy access to many natural opportunitties for fitness (regional bike trails, Atlantic beach walking and swimming in warmer weather, nature trails for walking). I stayed in the Shaker room which is a lovely sunny yellow, with lots of natural light.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Catherine C
Reviewed August 21, 2011

The Joy House is truly an escape from reality. I have been there on several occasion and the friendly, joyful and warm in-keepers never disappoint. The Joy House is a great place to stay whether you are with that special someone or with a family. It is extremely clean and comfortable. The breakfast in the morning is amazing and I am always trying to get new ideas from Barbara and Peter's recipes. It is conveniently located to many attractions; however, it is a great place to just stay and relax. Peter and Barbara are extremely knowledgable and can provide recommendation based upon your likes and interests. If you are in the mood to relax - the flowers, garden, hammock and hot tub in the backyard make it peaceful to sit outside and enjoy the day or night. We LOVED our experience at the Joy House and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: All rooms are great with AC, TV, wireless internet, private bath, etc.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2011

Good place to relax with friend and family . I love to come back again for sure!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2009

we have been traveling to the cape for 10 years and count our stay at the Joy House as one of the best! We were upgraded to the suite at the same cost as the smaller room we requested, the rooms were super clean and super cute! The breakfast was out of this world! The owners Barbara and Peter could not have been kinder. We will for sure stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple