An English Garden Bed and Breakfast
Pelham House(Dennis Port)
$90
$79
$71
Holiday Hill Inn & Suites(Dennis Port)(Great Value!)
$79
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
The Garlands(Dennis Port)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscarriage housefresh fruitbreakfast was excellentcape codthe main housesmall balconygreat hostsminute walk from the beachprovide towelsstayed here for nightsfrench toastocean vieweach morningbreakfast room issmall public beachblueberry pancakesdaily specials
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I am a teacher who was looking to "run away" for a few days over April vacation. While An English Garden deserves many accolades, I find that I want to keep it all to myself! I came upon this B&B by chance on the internet and while I was impressed by Anita's warm response to my inquiries, I fell in love when I pulled up to the place! I stayed on the second floor of the carriage house, and it couldn't have been more perfect. The gas fireplace was cozy on those chilly spring nights and the short walk to the beach was a super way to start each day. Dennisport is centrally located and makes for easy access to any area of the Cape.

I came home and immediately made reservations to go back in June, and while I couldn't get "my" same room, I have no doubt that my next stay will be just as wonderful and relaxing as my first. I think I am going to make a habit of this place! Thanks, Anita and Joe, for thinking of every little thing to make your place warm and charming and inviting. Can't wait to be back there! See you soon.

Room Tip: Truly - they are ALL good rooms!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This beautiful and charming B&B is truly the gold standard for other B&B's to strive toward. Each room is meticulously appointed and has it's own private bath. The owner's, Joe and Anita, have thought of every convenience. Refridgerators and ice makers on each landing, large colorful towels for trips to the beach, an out door shower and most rooms even have a small balcony with chairs and table. And clean? I tried to find a spec of dust but failed!

My significant other and I needed a quick off-season break from the day to day so headed to the cape. The beach is less than a block away with many rooms having an ocean view. We arrived late on Friday night with our keys waiting for us. Saturday morning breakfast included home made pastries, fresh fruit, cereals and yogurt as well as the omelet of the day (with option to customize). Fresh coffee, teas and juices topped off the morning. Saturday afternoon we took an easy 20 minute drive to historic Chatham and Saturday evening had a wonderful meal at the Ocean House Restaurant, a 5 minute walk from the B&B, located right on the water. They even had a wonderful band playing with no cover.

Sunday morning brought another wonderful breakfast with home made waffles. And every breakfast, Joe's world famous scrambled eggs are on the menu!

Although we were looking to escape from home, we felt like we had come home. Joe and Anita truly love welcoming people into their beautiful establishment and make everyone feel as though they are part of their family. You cannot help but want to return and hear more about their lives together and how they came to establish this wonderful escape from the daily grind.

Almost forgot to mention, they have a home near by that is available for rent all year round as well as a carriage house for families to rent. Breakfast is not served on the off season but they have full kitchens and there are many restaurants in the area if you are not in the mood to cook.

This is truly a place you need to experience to believe. We simply cannot wait to go back!

Terese and Bob

Room Tip: If you are staying for more than a day or two you'll want to request a room with a balcony to enjoy the views even more.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Terese L
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Charming doesn't begin to describe An English Garden B&B. The home is lovely, and spend some time exploring and you'll learn quite a bit about the lives of the interesting proprietors, Joe and Anita. The photos of Anita performing and Joe's degree from MIT on the wall make you feel like you too are a part of their family, and they reinforce that feeling with a home-cooked breakfast and some story swapping. They are so welcoming, it really encourages a friendly atmosphere among guests.
The room we stayed in, on the third floor, was small but clean and comfortable, and so was the bathroom, which had a large whirlpool tub. You couldn't sit out on the juliet balcony, but it was enough space to step out and enjoy the views of the ocean. Rooms on the second floor, however, did have full balconies and more of an ocean view than we expected. There are other buildings in the view, but it's just a short walk to a small beach and there are several good restaurants nearby. We ate at the Oyster Company one night and had some wonderful swordfish and sat at the bar to people-watch. I found the B&B and the overall experience to be very relaxing and romantic.
Dennisport isn't my favorite town on the Cape, as the town center doesn't have a ton to do, but it's close to Chatham (my favorite by far) and not too far from other shopping, sightseeing, etc. What's more, the prices at An English Garden were much lower than other B&Bs on Cape Cod. We went the weekend before the start of the season, so rooms were just about $100 per night - as reasonable as you will find across the Cape. It was such a bargain, and we will definitely be back. Thank you to Joe and Anita for being such wonderful hosts!

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor have a great view, but rooms on the second have full balconies and a view nonetheless.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My husband and I and our three children stayed at the 3 bedroom guest cottage for a weekend. Although it is not the bed and breakfast, this cottage is owned and run by the same people and is listed on their website as one of the options for families. It is very close to the bed and breakfast and is located right on the property of the owners. It was a great place to stay with all of the amenities of home. I appreciated the little details like the marble shelf in the master shower, the wonderful soaps for your hands, cupboards chock full of all of the utensils, pots, pans and things I needed to make meals for my family, cozy blankets, etc. We like to stay in places that allow us to cook because I have food allergies and my daughter has environmental allergies. Staying in a cottage or a house allows us a little more flexibility about what we expose ourselves to and allows us the flexibility of cooking the meals we want or need to. The cottage was definitely a cottage atmosphere so if you are looking for a luxurious spa feel, then you are going to be disappointed. This place is cozy, home-like, and very New England. There are different mix and match pieces for furnishings, lovely quilts and cozy blankets. There are some older looking pieces combined with updated ones. The rooms are spacious enough but not monstrous. The upstairs loft area was not on the heating system but did have a space heater available which kept it plenty warm for my teenager. I would not recommend this loft area for younger children because you must walk up somewhat steep stairs and through a partially finished attic space to get to the loft bedroom. My two younger ones stayed downstairs in the room with the queen bed and were plenty comfortable. The master bedroom had two twin beds that were combined to make a king bed. We slept perfectly fine on this however, it seemed a bit shorter than the normal king bed as my husband's feet hung off of it (he is 6'4"). There was a nice sized living room with a fireplace, a kitchen with a table, and two bathrooms. The place was neat and clean, had parking right out front, was walking distance to a park and the path behind the house led to the beach also. We walked along the path and could see the bed and breakfast from there. There is an outdoor shower to wash off that beach sand and a nice picnic table area also. The owners were very sweet and flexible with meeting our later check in time. They are very warm and welcoming people. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there and really hope to go back very soon. I just want to say thank you for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2012

My husband, 10 month old baby, and I stayed here for one night during an unseasonably warm March. The off-season price was the deal of the decade because we stayed in the upper floor of the carriage house and found our room to be beautiful and well-appointed. Although breakfast is not served during the off-season, we had a great little kitchen complete with pots and pans, a stove, and refrigerator. The overall cleanliness of the suite was impeccable and it was decorated in a quaint seaside fashion. We had sliding doors leading to a lovely deck with a view primarily of the backyard, but the ocean could also be spotted in the distance. It was luxurious and relaxing to spend time on the deck in the evening just to look off and clear our minds. There are great Cape Cod beaches nearby and a clean little playground, perfect for keeping kids entertained.

We met the owners only briefly but they were plenty welcoming and kind. After or stay, we called about a few items we left behind and they promised to drop them in the mail for us. We would absolutely stay here again, certainly for a longer visit.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family