“Wonderful Time”

Oyster Company Raw Bar & Grill
Ranked #5 of 48 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My wife and i stopped by here for dinner on a thursday nite.We had a wonderful time thanks to the super bartenders Diane and Kathy. My wife ordered a raspberry citron martini which the bartenders had never made before. After explaining how it was made Diane went right to work to make the best martini my wife ever had.Other patrons asked what was in it and ordered one themselves.Then comented that the owners should put it on the martini menu.Diane explained that on mon thru thurs evening all bar menu food items were half price and raw oysters are only .99cents from 4 - 6;30 pm . What a great deal. I ordered half dozen raw oysters and 2 oyster sliders my wife ordered the curry mussels for appetizers. Everything was very good. Then we ordered the entrees. My wife got the swordfish and i ordered the pan seared scallops.The swordfish was the most tender and delicious swordfish my wife had in a long time.My scallops were very good but a little overcooked.Overall we were very pleased with our experience at The Oyster Company and will return. We want to go back when Kathy and Diane are bartending because of the excellant service.

1  Thank BigJohn145

Reviewed February 27, 2013

If you like raw oysters then don't miss their happy hour when Oysters are .99 each. These are from Dennis oyster beds in Cape Cod bay and, after much testing, we think these oysters are more plump and tasty than their more famous cousins, the Wellfleet oysters. We think sitting at the bar is more fun than at the white linen draped tables though that area may be a more romantic atmosphere. The dining room menu is quite upscale and they accept reservations or dine outside in the open air. However there is a 'casual' menu as well, at least at the bar. The Oyster Co. is just south of Main St. (Rt. 28) in Dennis. Keep a sharp eye out the first visit so that you don't drive by.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

wonderful food but loads of it - we had 4 starters to share as a main meal and it was still toomuch!

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Best and most unusual oysters around. Entrees excellent. The atmosphere is nothing special. Restaurant is situated in a lousy spot. You go for the food. No adventure.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Dennis Oyster Co. is one of my all time favorite restaurants on the Cape.
Cut your 6 free oysters coupon from the Thursday entertainment section of the Cape Cod times, saddle up the bar and order a drink from the lovely Carmela, and splash out by getting a dozen oysters for a grand total of $5.94. If you think these oysters are less than mind blowing just because they can give them away then think again. These are by far the best oysters I’ve every tried, and I promise you I have tried many. They can vary in size a bit perhaps by season, but I find that particularly in fall and winter they are especially large and luscious, and apparently actual pearls were found in some ladies dozen over Christmas and she made them into a pair of earrings! I have never had a single bad oyster here, they are always the fresh, sweat and clean tasting. I’ve come countless times and have never once had a bad meal. My favorites are the muscles, calamari, lobster roll, oyster ceasar salad, and scallops.
Come with a group, or on your own and sit at the bar, either way you’ll get a fabulous meal.

1  Thank jvshaw