“Cape Cod charm at the Old Landing”
Review of Old Landing Motel

and 1 more site!
Old Landing Motel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Dennis Port
Columbus, Ohio
“Cape Cod charm at the Old Landing”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This classic motel, nestled on a bluff overlooking Nantucket Sound is the epitome of what you dream Cape Cod looks like. David at the front desk will greet you with a mile wide grin and take however much time you need to answer all of your inquiries. The motel has a warm and casual New England feel that compliments the decor and opening you windows brings in just the right amount of the fragrance of pines with a salty ocean flavor. You will not be disappointed at this warm and cozy taste of Cape Cod.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 453BaileyJ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My fiancee and I stayed in an ocean view room at the Old Landing for the first (rainy) week of June. I cannot say enough good things about this motel. It is quintessential New England- cozy, roomy, homey, pretty, beachy, extremely clean... I could go on and on. We were so happy staying there. The manager, Daniela was absolutely wonderful and the owner Dave made delicious coffee every morning. The whole staff is so incredibly friendly that we just felt right at home during our entire stay. David was also a wealth of knowledge about Cape Cod and was so helpful in telling us what to see, where to go, etc... He also gave us maps, books, umbrellas and anything else we needed. I would go back to the Old Landing Motel in a heartbeat and hopefully to enjoy sunshine instead of rain. It was the sweetest place I've ever stayed at. SO ready to pack up and go again! :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed at the Old Landing 2 summers ago and had a nice time. The room was horrible- very dated, run-down, and pretty disgusting, but we overlooked that because of the location- right on the beach and within walking distance to restaurants. Who goes to the Cape to stay inside anyway? We were scheduled to return last summer, but due to severe thunderstorms, I called the "innkeeper" to see if I could get a refund. He replied that while he couldn’t offer me a refund unless he was able to re-book my room, I could apply my deposit to another stay at a later date. I was very excited with that response and looked forward to rescheduling our weekend getaway.

Fast forward to now... I emailed to reschedule and my excitement quickly faded. Not only did he pretend that the previous conversation never occurred, but he was extremely rude and condescending. “...I know that I am extremely generous and have no clue why I act that way. Well, maybe it is for all the great karma that follows me around continuously... Au contraire, I am the one entitled to a break here, not you! ” He even went so far as to say that I never called to say I wasn’t coming. Thanks for basically calling me a liar.

I am not surprised there are so many negative comments about him specifically on here. The owner is extremely unprofessional. Great location, terrible management – Stay away!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank LoriJ1028
West Rutland, Vermont
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The Old Landing Rocks!!! This was my first time at the Landing and can't say enough good things about it It is convenient to the restaurants, shopping and most of all the ocean is in the backyard What more could one ask for Daniela does a superb job keep the rooms exceptionally clean and the Inn Keeper makes a mean cup of coffee and also offers cappuccino to his guests Lots of TLC in the place It is like being home away from home Anyone who chooses the Old Landing will not regret it!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mary e w
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Rang and booked from long island as it was memorial weekend on our new England road trip.
Lovely sea front motel in Dennis port which is a central location for the cape.
Totally recommend the cape trail cycle path and cycle to Chatham and the hot stove inn in harwich.
Also did woods hole on the way off the cape which is very scenic.

Room Tip: Ring and speak to David the owner. Lovely guy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
AMSTERDAM
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is a bit late -- we stayed mid-Sept. of 2012. This was our third stay. If you are looking for ultra-modern with plush amenities this ain't it. But if you are looking for a super clean, comfortable room with Old Cape Cod charm -- jackpot! We go to the Cape to enjoy the beach, dining, and relaxed atmosphere that can only be experienced after Labor Day, and David Maslin and the Old Landing Motel always deliver. David is helpful and friendly, and I don't understand reviews to the contrary. But some guests are rude, crude and annoying, and can't be pleased no matter how hard you try. Old Landing Motel is small, but cozy, very clean, not fancy and pretentious. We don't go to the Cape to sit in a motel room. The beach is the most important feature, and it is steps away, clean, with plenty of room even at high tide. The motel's location is central, so you're not spending a lot of time in your car. We even walked to one of Dennisport's best restaurant from The Old Landing. Just expect clean, comfy, and chill out and treat David like a human being instead of your servant. You'll have a relaxing vacation in the salt air and be recharged when you go back to "the mainland". Best of all, prices drop after Labor Day!!

Room Tip: Not all rooms have A/C. But in September, with the good cross ventilation in the rooms, you don'...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jodysmom
Laconia, New Hampshire
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Upon arrival, we found the property was less then desirable. As we drove through prior to checking in, we noticed how run-down and univiting the property looked. We asked if we could cancel our reservation and go elsewhere but the owner informed us that he would not refund our deposit. (we would have lost close to $500). Against our better judgement, we checked in. Big mistake!! The beds were small and uncomfortable, outdated and dirty looking bed covers, lumpy pillows, dirty carpet, ripped screens, old dressers, and our door did not lock and unlock properly. The back door to the office was left open and we could easily see inside as we walked by on our way to the pool area. Open bottles of liquor were all over the place and it certainly was not a place where I felt comfortable having my grand children walk by. Upon checking out, the owner sarcastically asked if we enjoyed ourselves. I told him we did not. He responded by using profanity when referring to me, and saying"I don't care".

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
#13 of 19 in Dennis Port
The Garlands
The Garlands
#16 of 19 in Dennis Port

Been to Old Landing Motel? Share your experiences!