“Owner referred to me with profanities.”
Review of Old Landing Motel

Old Landing Motel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Dennis Port
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Upon arrival, we found the property was less then desirable. As we drove through prior to checking in, we noticed how run-down and univiting the property looked. We asked if we could cancel our reservation and go elsewhere but the owner informed us that he would not refund our deposit. (we would have lost close to $500). Against our better judgement, we checked in. Big mistake!! The beds were small and uncomfortable, outdated and dirty looking bed covers, lumpy pillows, dirty carpet, ripped screens, old dressers, and our door did not lock and unlock properly. The back door to the office was left open and we could easily see inside as we walked by on our way to the pool area. Open bottles of liquor were all over the place and it certainly was not a place where I felt comfortable having my grand children walk by. Upon checking out, the owner sarcastically asked if we enjoyed ourselves. I told him we did not. He responded by using profanity when referring to me, and saying"I don't care".

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Gregory2012

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Our stay here ended our two week New England trip in style. End of their season as he closed the place up after we left. Great owner, really helpful and friendly. Very quiet, show a bit of age, but well worth the price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank joedvet
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We chose this place based on reviews here...and in the end didn't end up being very impressed at all. We did not find the manager helpful..from questions about the area or requests. This place is an average motel in a really great spot ( right by the beach)..but we found the customer service to be very lacking. I don't think this is the worst place by any means, but I would not recommend to anyone and I definitely would not go back.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Steph1127
Reviewed September 29, 2012

After staying at the Old Landing recently, all I can say is WOW! I was
so impressed. My fiance and I stayed at the Old Landing recently for
two nights in one of the ocean view rooms. It was beautiful!! The view
was gorgeous, the beach was so close it was like in our backyard, and best of all, it was so private and serene! The room was so clean and comfortable, you just feel
like you're in such a picturesque place of utter tranquility. We went
to bed listening to the gentle sounds of the waves. We had a truly wonderful
stay. David, the innkeeper, was so nice and friendly to us. He gives
you a lot of information on nearby attractions and he even made us
delicious cappuccinos in the morning! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Cape Cod and I can’t wait to return again.

Room Tip: Would highly recommend the upper level ocean-view rooms.
1  Thank Isabelle S
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed two nights and we were impressed by the large immaculate clean room (room # 17) with an ocean view. The bed was very comfortable. The colors of the room were most soothing, white, and a lovely turquoise blue. The manager, David, was very friendly and did everything to make our stay pleasant. His assistant, Alina, added many nice little extras , like flowers on the towels, and tissues folded into origami roses. The room was literally a stone's throw from the beach, with a private walkway to the ocean. Altogether, it was a really nice experience at a good price. We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms have an ocean view.
2  Thank Henry K
Reviewed September 17, 2012

If I am lucky, I get to spend a couple of days here every year or so.

The location right at a small beach is perfect for a low-key visit. You can get to all sorts of restaurants and shopping, as well as the rest of the Cape, very conveniently.

I noticed some redecorating, new paint, etc., though the rooms have always been spotless.

As has been mentioned frequrently, one of the main draws here is the innkeeper, David, always a pleasure to talk to -- and drink excellent coffee with.

Room Tip: I love the rooms at the back that look over the parking lot to the beach. There are two trees there...
2  Thank lcsumner
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed here the week before labor day weekend and I was so disappointed in our rooms. We had to get two rooms because I was told that there were no connecting rooms left..however the hotel was about 1/4 of the way occupied. We arrived 45 minutes early and were told we would have to wait to get into our rooms because they were still being cleaned, however the cleaning girl told me the rooms had been cleaned by 12. We were told there would be two double beds which turned out to be one double bed and a futon. The room were very small..the drawers to the dresser in our room were broken and the room was set up so that you could only see the TV (which was so old and the remote didn't work) if you were lying on the bed. My husband and our other son stayed in the other room...there air conditioning didn't work, the glass closer blind on the front door was stripped and we couldn't close it once it opened. There bathroom door wouldn't shut all the way. We were told we would have a ocean view..not true..we were right near the ocean but couldn't see it. There were also no chairs in the room in which to sit down on. also no phones in the rooms either. I would never stay here again!

Room Tip: Do not take room number 8 which is on the first floor in the corner right on the other side of the l...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Holiday Hill Inn & Suites
Holiday Hill Inn & Suites
#10 of 19 in Dennis Port
Corsair and Cross Rip Oceanfront

Been to Old Landing Motel? Share your experiences!