“Did not care for our dinner”

La Scala Restaurante
Ranked #25 of 47 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Chose this restaurant based on different reviews I had read. The service was good and portions were decent for the price. Overall cost of our dinner wasn't very expensive and included 2 drinks. I did not however care for the taste of the food. Sauce was just too sweet and just didn't have any other flavor. The bread that was served seemed to be a roll that had maybe been microwaved. It was burning hot and the edges were hard like it had been left in too long. I ordered a special - brichole - and it just didn't taste very good. My husband did say that the chowder he had was good.

Reviewed July 24, 2009

My husband and 2 children dined here last week. We had been wanting to try LaScala the last few years and finally did so. The restaurant reminds me of eating in my Grandmother's house. It's a bit dark and dead silent. There was no background music and the tables are so close together that you can hear every conversation. For a Friday night the place was very quiet. Our service was HORRIBLE! The waitress chatted with the hostess and bar patrons while we sat waiting for our drinks and food. The food itself was very good. The fresh, hot bread they served was fabulous. The salad that came with our dinners was very good. All of our dinners were very good. One other complaint would be the price of the drinks. The prices were outrageous!!! A glass of wine which was more of a shot glass portion of wine was $7. I don't mind paying $7 for a glass of wine but the portion was ridiculous. A martini which was of average size was $9.95. In general we have found the food in the Dennis area to be pricey and average tasting, La Scala continues this trend.

1  Thank momtogo
Reviewed July 16, 2009

I was very disappointed in the food and the atmosphere. Pretty much a "bar" hangout

Reviewed June 30, 2009

This restaurant was a great choice and i am glad that i dined here. I have recently purchased a property in dennisport and decided one night to try this local restaurant. The food was absolutley delectable and the prices were shockingly low. I have dined in some of the best italian restaurants in the United States and as far as food goes this food is up there with the best of them. That said, this is not a fancy restaurant at all. It is very casual and there is no need to get dressed up. The food is absolutely phenomenal. The service was only average and the restaurant its self is only ok but the food makes up for it times ten. I highly, highly recommend the chicken pesto, and the antipasto. if you are looking for a delicous meal that wont cost too much try this place the food will blow your mind

Reviewed March 22, 2009

The outside may look like a house, but that's only because it really is.

You should enter through the front door to meet a hostess. The back door enters right into the bar. Our waitress Allie was awesome and kept coming over to talk to us. It wasn't very busy so she wasn't neglecting anyone else. The food was amazing and our dinners lasted us another 2 meals. Very big portion. If anything, underpriced.

Coming in from Depot St, there's a bit of a tight squeeze to get to the parking lot which is located in the back of the building. I recommend coming in the back way, Pleasant Street, if you drive a larger vehicle.

We make annual trips to Dennisport and we'll be sure to stop in each time we're in town.