“burnt sauce!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2012

There was a very large party of 20 just ordering when we arrived so we expected to wait, the beer was flat! Told the keg could not be replaced because they were to busy the bartender was leaning over the bar chatting with patrons! The orders were taken and the salads that were brought were very good.Then after an hour or more wait we got our meals all red sauce that was so burned it was not edible, rubbery chicken parm and greasy veal parm, the meatball was the only tasty thing on all three plates but was covered with that burned sauce. Dissapointing, it is a cozy little place you wanna love but the food just was aweful that night!

Date of visit: June 2012
1  Thank jksutton

Reviewed May 22, 2012

My daughter and I spent a weekend down the Cape and decided to try LaScala as I had a restaurant.com coupon. It is a converted home fixed up very nicely. You enter through the back door and it is somewhat confusing as there was no one there to greet you. We asked and we told to go up front. We did and the Hostess (not sure if she was the owner, hostess or what) said rather rudely-you having dinner? We said yes and she said Sit at the bar for fiteen minutes. No explanation , not nicely. She didn't say take a seat at the bar and we'll call you when a table is avaialble which would have been great customer service. Both my daughter and I work in the customer service industry and were somewhat put off by her attitude. We took a seat at the bar . I went to the ladies room and asked the same woman if we needed to put our name in and she said no,just sit at the bar. She was very rude but the bartender made up for it. He was extremely nice. Finally the other waitress sitted us and took our order. They give you massive amounts of food and it comes with a salad and bread. They food is good and the place is cozy. My daughter had steak and it was a little overcooked for her taste. When she mentioned it, the waitress said I'm not sure what you want me to do about it. My daughter just said forget about it and picked at it and ate the rest of her meal and some of mine. As we sat there I noticed that we were the only ones who had to wait for a table. Everyone who came in after us was sitted immediately.

I really liked the food and would like to go back but the way we were spoken to turned me off on the place. I think everyone except the bartender need to take some customer service classes. i would have given LaScala 4 stars except for the customer service and I am a pretty easygoing diner usually.

Date of visit: May 2012
2  Thank Purplelvrl
Reviewed May 10, 2012

The food, service and prices are excellent. Seemed like a restaurant that the locals go to.

Date of visit: May 2012
Reviewed March 22, 2012

What a great experience. This was my family's first time at La Scala. We took a chance finding them on Restaurant.com. What a great meal. And the canoli was do die for. I had such a nice meal with my family. What a great place. I will definitely recommend and go back again when I'm visiting the Cape. Great place....

Date of visit: March 2012
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We ate here with two friends and had a wonderful time. The owner stopped by several times to make sure everything was going well with our meal. We had the mussels - which were perfect - the sautéed scallops, veal parm dinner and the baked cod.
If you visit the Cape, make sure you stop here for dinner.

Date of visit: October 2011