“VERY LONG WAIT!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We were there for 30 minutes before our order was taken. There was NO a/c in the restaurant. The menu is very small. The prices are high. I had ordered the chicken parm. It was ok. I thought the sauce was horrible. After ordering our meal it took 45 minutes to arrive at our table. I don't mind waiting if it's packed....it wasn't. I would pass on this place!!!!!!

Date of visit: August 2011

Reviewed August 15, 2010

What a disappointment! My husband and I were trying to find a place to celebrate our wedding anniversary and heard about La Scala. We adore Italian food and we thought this might be a nice change from Cape Cod seafood. We entered a stuffy dining room and waited several minutes for a server. When she finally arrived, we placed our wine order. The wine that arrived was horrible! My husband's riesling tasted like no other riesling we have had in our life! My sauvignon blanc was just as bad. We shared a mussels appetizer that was soaked in butter, olive oil, and garlic. Usually we like this combination but the quality of the olive oil was so poor that it left an awful after taste in our mouths. We asked for the scallops saute to be served over fusilli instead of linguini. It arrived served over linguine. When we questioned the server, she said "he was very busy in the kitchen." Nevertheless, we sent it back. It came back over store-bought rotini that was barely cooked. Again, this dish was saturated with horrible olive oil. The server lacked personality and obviously did not cater to our needs. The staff wears short shorts and some of the servers did not earn the right to wear them. The attire was not appropriate for a dining room. At 2:30 a.m., the meal revisited me...ugh! Do not go!

Reviewed August 5, 2010

Our waitress was polite but not too friendly and never came back to attend to the water glasses. The food was nicely prepared, although the pork chops were over cooked. I believe seafood fra diavalo is sort of a house specialty. I opted for striped bass florentine, I thought it was very good, not outstanding but very good. Not too expensive, so a good value. The red sauce pasta side dish was bland. My Italian wife would have found fault with it, but the eggplant Parmesan was pretty good. We have paid a lot more on the Cape and got food which was not as nice. The business is in a renovated house and there is a bar in the back, but it is not noisy at all. I don't have a problem going back because it looks like many of the diners are locals and this is usually a good sign.

Reviewed May 20, 2010

In the off season, this is a neighborhood place. Very good food, generous portions, and very friendly couple serving and tending bar. Not fancy, but very comfortable and friendly. Fresh, tasty Italian food (calamari appetizer and eggplant entree) at low prices.

Reviewed February 7, 2010

I really like the food and atmosphere at the La Scalla, It can be quiet and comfortable, without all of the hype. Sort of a throwback to a simpler time. I found the food very good, especially the Italian plates. I want to warn you, the portions can be a bit on the large size so be prepared. Go there and enjoy, well worth the stop. TIp, try the sausage parmigiana, , , incredible.