“Great Service, Great Food and Great Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Clancy's

Clancy's
Ranked #8 of 46 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
North Conway, New Hampshire
“Great Service, Great Food and Great Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

It was our first time to Dennisport MA and even though my boyfriend's boss suggested Clancy's we need to do some research on our own. After calling around to local restaurants and looking online they were the most pleasant (Spoke to Beth) on the phone and they had some great specials. When arriving we were sat immediately. Linda our waitress was amazing...Very pleasant and sourceful. She was able to recommend Escargo, which neither me nor my boyfriend have ever had. We went with her recommendation and we both absolutely loved it! We had an appetizer, bottle of wine, two salads, two entrees and desert for under $80.00! Now that is incredible....so incredible we went back the next night. They all remembered us and were very welcoming and pleasant. I can't wait to go back!!!!! If you are in Dennis Port you need to go to Clancy's and if Linda is working you should absolutely ask for her! Thank you Clancy's staff for creating such a wonderul experience...It's not every day you can afford to go out and wine and dine, so when you do it is so refreshing to have such a great experience! Mandi & Gabe North Conway, NH

1 Thank Mandi_Gabe22

Orleans, Massachusetts
“A great lunch or dinner spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2010

I've been going to Clancy's for a few years and have found the food consistently good and the service prompt and friendly.On my last visit with friends our waiter Rob Sauter was extremely helpful in making selections, prompt in his service and exhibited a great sense of hunor when I presented ,my business card to him. He is the kind of waiter that you want to have for a pleasant lunch or dinner. Thanks Rob and thanks to the kitchen staff for consistently poutstanding lunches and dinners. Jeff and John

Boylston, Massachusetts
“Would not go to Dennis without visiting Clancy's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2010

Clancy's is a place where whatever you order you know it will be delicious and prepared just right. The prices are reasonable, staff is friendly, it is clean and a fun place to eat. If you're waiting for a table sit at the bar or on the deck and you will always find conversation with intersting people from all over the country. You must try the fried oyster appetizer with wasabi sauce and seawead salad. FANTASTIC. My wife and I make a plan to go at least once whenever we are on the Cape. Michelle and Dave at the back bar are the best. Even the valet staff go out of their way to welcome you on arrival.
Michael and Penny Healy

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Went to Clancy's this pay Saturday with...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2010

Went to Clancy's this pay Saturday with my husband and sat on their beautiful outside deck. This is not the first time we had been there this summer and were lucky enough to get the same great waitress, I believe her name is Erica. Very attentive and pleasant. We had nachos which where great and then I had the seafood Alfredo and my husband had the Kari Anne. Both dishes were huge and delicious! This place always seems very busy and the wait can be over an hour but we have yet to be disappointed. We will be back as soon as we can!

boston, ma
“We can't recommend this place anymore”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2010

What has happened to this place?

We ordered broiled scrod and steak Lucifer (one of the most expensive items) and neither was good. What was most appalling was the lack of response by the management. Is it new? - we noticed they are now nickel and diming additional tartar sauce for 75 cents, additional drawn butter, etc.

The broiled scrod came grey on the ends swimming in water. I explained I did not want soggy fish - what did they do? They returned with the same fish on the same dirty plate with the veggies and water removed. I ate 2 inches in the middle of the fish and left the rest because I did not want to bother returning it. I did return the potato which had a dark brown spot in the middle. A woman at the table next to us said she saw what I got and would have returned both also.

The second meal, steak Lucifer was ordered medium rare - it came out well done - sent it back and it came out with a cut in it and well done. sent it back.

The second glass of wine ordered was never delivered.

Never saw a manager or received an apology until we pushed . We were celebrating a birthday and had a $10 coupon. Wanted to see what they would do if we gave it to them -- "owner" came -- never apologized for our bad experience or offer to comp anything. Said he could not honor the coupon.

This enraged my husband -- not the coupon bit but the attitude and lack of class -- The "owner" asked me if I at my meal and would not let e explain when I said yes but --- (I wanted to explain how little I ate and the bad potato and veggies -- he did not listen but spoke over me).

We paid for one meal and our drinks and left. We will not return and will not recommend this place to our friends.

Too bad ...:-(

4 Thank Fsteele
greenstreet110, Owner at Clancy's, responded to this review, December 4, 2010
Mr. and Mrs. FSteele,
First let me say that we treat all customers respectfully. It was a beautiful day and we sat you on our deck with a wonderful view of the marsh. It is my promise to all our guests that if you do not like anything we serve you, return it and we will replace it with another choice. As for your husband, we prepared (2) Steak Lucifers. He was not satisfied with either one and was not charged for either one. I also offered another entrée other than steak and he declined my offer. My floor manager, the chef, who has 40 years experience, and I all inspected the steaks and they both were prepared medium rare as ordered. When you were unsatisfied with your scrod, we cooked you another piece, served it on a clean plate with new vegetables. We did not just "dump the water" and serve you the same piece on a dirty plate. Fresh scrod is a very moist fish and when cook does render some water from it. As for your baked potato with brown spot in the middle, if that was not to your liking you should have said something and you would have been served another. No questions asked. When your server asked me to come to the table I listened to everything you and your husband had to say. I did not talk over you. As for the birthday coupon, the guidelines with the offer are $10.00 off the purchase of a second dinner entrée. You were only charged for (1) dinner as we did not charge you for your husband’s meal. I did say you could use the coupon on another visit. I value your patronage. As you explained to me your husband was not feeling well on that day, I again invite you back.