“Over Rated!”
Review of Clancy's

Clancy's
Ranked #8 of 47 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Cuisines: American, Irish, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 28, 2008

I've been here several times. It is so over rated! Our waitress was horrible. Not worth the always long wait in my opinion.

2  Thank magruso

Reviewed January 15, 2008

I was there summer 2007 and am still dreaming about the Lobster Roll. So so so good. We sat outside, it was very casual, a little dirty, but what do you expect, its OUTSIDE. The waitress was nice and attentive. Great french fries!
I'm trying to convince my husband to go back for a visit this summer because I really want that lobster roll, it was that good!

1  Thank sunshine41
Reviewed January 11, 2008

The food and atmosphere is outstanding!! The Manager Jimmy was a pure gentleman and helped my elderly parents with everything they needed, more than once!! Please try it out! I would return on every visit to the cape!!

1  Thank doctorlako30
Reviewed September 21, 2007

This is my favorite of all restaurants. The one on Upper County Road is the only one I like. I will tell you of my experiences. The wait staff is quite friendly. I have gotten one or two that have kind of ignored us at times, but the majority of the time they were quite attentive. I have ordered the house salad with the honey dijon dressing, and it is always so fresh and awesome. I actually crave salads there. And the chili is so good and mildly spicy, served with nice and unsalty nacho chips to dip in. The fish and chips is outstanding there. I love the thick, crispy puffy fries they serve. You can tell the tartar sauce is homemade and it has small chunks of the ingredients, and is not too overpowering. The fish is perfectly crispy and has a flavor and breading I just can not possibly put into words. I also love how the coleslaw is not dripping with mayo. It is fresh and a more flavorful mix. The cobb salad is also outstanding. I think it is my favorite thing there. It has an extra large tavern salad as base with wheat crisp homemade croûtons, fresh onion, cucumber, and cherry tomatoes. Then warm tender grilled chicken, a chunk of bleu cheese, crisp bacon, succulent lobster, a big fresh shrimp, and a fresh hard boiled egg is put on top. And with that awesome honey Dijon dressing, it is a crave able food. And they have endless options, so you can try a new thing every time. But, on the other low note, on Lower County Road there is the beach bar. I have to say, one time there was more than enough. I ordered the Cobb salad. It came on a black plastic plate. That totally turns me off in a restaurant when something is served on a plastic plate. And the lobster was rubbery, the lettuce was white and the croûtons were tasteless and store bought. Also, the bleu cheese was a hard brick. The bacon was also limp and cold. The server ignored us several times and the hostess was unfriendly and seemed to only like people who wanted to party. I do not recommend going here, unless you like plastic dishes and plastic food.

3  Thank littlerunner13
Reviewed August 20, 2007

My wife and I were staying in Dennisport for a couple of nights and the innkeeper at our B & B suggested going to Clancy's. They would not take reservations so when we arrived we were a bit concerned about the amount of people there. We were told it would be a 45 minute wait and that we could wait at the bar or outside on the patio. Clancy's has two bars and we chose the smaller one in the back. We sat down next to a couple who lived in the area. Clancy's was their favorite restaurant. We ended up ordering dinner at the bar over looking the river and visiting with our new friends. The food was terrific.
The restaurant is very busy apparently all the time. It has a high energy to it and that might bother some. Definitely not a place for a romantic dinner but a place where the locals hang out, enjoy good food and have a good time.

2  Thank Mtiger