“Disappointed”
Review of Clancy's

Clancy's
Ranked #8 of 48 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Cuisines: American, Irish, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Wethersfield, Connecticut
“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We have been going to Clancy's for as long as I can remember and never had a bad experience until the most recent visit. We were a bit apprehensive after reading the most recent reviews but figured we should give it a try. No more valet parking but we got a parking place right in front of the place at 6:15. There were no customers standing outside like in the past waiting to be seating which gave us a bad feeling. We had a party of 8 and told the wait would be 20 minutes so we went to the bar. There were many empty seats and we soon figured out why. It was like we were doing them a favor sitting there ordering a drink. We did get a dinner table in 10 minutes. Then things went downhill. Of the 8 meals ordered, there were 4 mixups. Of the 4, 3 were corrected quickly but the 4th took 10 minutes. The manager did apologize and did not charge us for the meal. The food was decent but nothing like the past. Onion soup in the past served in a nice crock has been replaced with a small cup. When we left there were many empty tables which is something we had never seen in the past. I hope things do improve but they better turn things around fast.

1 Thank capecodtraveler01

Burlington, Vermont
“not sure if I would go back or not”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

we liked our food quite a bit.. but I will say they could really better their restaurant by improving their service. Our waiter was nice enough, but definitely seemed like he had too much going on and many things were forgotten and it seemed like he was barely breezing by our table. That being said we were not impressed by a waiter coming out to a table next to ours after a large party had left..swearing ( out loud) about what a mess it was and then again swearing and calling them cheap ( insert bad words here) when looking at the bill/tip..we were right there.. I mean really? I am going to make the assumption there are much better places on the Cape to go.. We did enjoy the experience of being outside ont the deck though.

2 Thank Steph1127
Needham, MA USA
“If you don't like noisy kids, go after 9 p.m.”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The night we were there we made the mistake of sitting in the restaurant where there were tables full for families with loads of kids. It was SO noisy I had a headache by the time I left. Best to sit in the bar next time. Waitress was nice and apologized for how noisy it was but it certainly wasn't her fault that we were seated next to 3 tables with a total of about 10 children. If it weren't pouring rain, we would have left.

I had lobster bisque and rolls and butter - all were delicious. My husband wanted a fish sandwich with broiled fish rather than baked but they wouldn't accommodate him. The waitress checked with the cook who said the fish would fall apart unless it was fried. The fried fish fell apart so that was a dumb excuse. When all the little kids left at 9 p.m. the noise level dropped considerably and we could finally hear each other. Won't go back unless it's during the day for lunch.

Harwich, Massachusetts
“I Miss Clancy's!!!”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I have been dining at Clancy's with my family since it opened! Used to joke that I have spent so much money there, I should own stock in the place! It has always held a very special place in my heart, with so many great times and wonderful vacation memories. What ever changes they tried to implement a few years ago seemed to have been the beginning of the end. The service and food was no longer consistent. All the regular wait staff started leaving... Every time I went there last summer it was a disaster. And now new ownership, different menu... It is so sad. I don't understand why anyone would try to fix something that was clearly NOT broken. I really miss Clancy's...

Visited August 2012
1 Thank kiraste
Boston, Massachusetts
“Beautiful waterside view.”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We had lunch at Clancy's on Tuesday and were very pleased with the food and the service was reasonably good. We had the fried oysters which were delicious....very light, crisp batter. We have been going there for years but stopped going a few years ago when the food became ghastly. We returned about a year or so ago when we heard the food had improved and we haven't been disappointed. Sitting on the deck on a beautiful day, watching the kayakers on the water is a delightful experience.

• Visited July 2012
Capecodfamily6, General Manager at Clancy's, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Thank you for the kind words. We are happy that you enjoyed your meal and service and your right, the view is amazing! We hope you visit again soon!