“New Ownership !!!!”
Review of Clancy's

Clancy's
Ranked #8 of 48 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Cuisines: American, Irish, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Chatham, Massachusetts
“New Ownership !!!!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Clancy's has NEW OWNERSHIP as of last week. 5-19-12,
The new owners have freshened up the property with paint carpeting, new flooring etc. The menu has changed from the long outdated menu that Clancy's had for years. The new menu is fresh and offers a fairly broad mix of entrees and appetizers. They are again serving the famous Clancy's pour for the house wines. The new owner is not a stranger to the Cape Cod restaurant scene. He and his wife own and operate several famous restaurants in Falmouth and Hyannis.
The new owner demands high quality and service from his staff. He demands that the food is fresh and is served "hot", not warmed under heat lamps.
It's a breath of fresh air to see Clancy's on a new path of the past.
Their new motto is: CLANCY'S, THE WAY IT USED TO BE. Clever,,,
So far we have been to the new Clancy's 4 times and have enjoyed excellent food and spirits.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Harry S

New York City, New York
“Don't miss it.”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Great food. Terrific bar. Friendly service. Wonderful views.

Visited September 2011
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Greatness returns to the once wrecked Clancys”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Clancys, as we knew it, is back. I've been in self-imposed exile for a year or so, refusing to visit the wreck of my favorite restaurant. Well, the old Clancys is back. Vern and Jason, survivors of the purge, are at the bar re-joined by none other than John-O.
Last Wednesday, the bar and side tables were packed with other former exiles returning to see John-O on his first night back. Wit and wisdom (if delivered bmusedly) abound in the bar area.
Except for the absent Tavern Wings, the menu is similar, the atmosphere is upbeat again, Kelly green shirts brighten the place, and my favorite restaurant is back.
Thank you to the new owners. Look through the windshield, ignore the rear view mirror,and have fun.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank GarrethJ
Brewster, Massachusetts
“New management has distroyed a great restaurant”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We live in the next town and have enjoyed Clancy's as a go-to restaurant for 10 years. Today we were very dissappointed in food and service. The once excellent fish and chips were the worst I have ever eaten on Cape Cod in 10 years. The fish tasted like frozen fish sticks, and was likely previously frozen. I have eaten better fish in Dayton, Ohio. The french fries were cool and dry. The waiter brought new hot fries which were then hot and dry. The four of us were all extrememly dissapointed and will not return.

Under new management they no longer honor thr rewards card previously used.

The wait staff is short handed resulting in very slow service even when no too busy.

2 Thank Dickcape
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Try the raw bar”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

It's been years since I was last at Clancy's and couldn't remember what it was like. We were staying in Dennis and it was a short drive away so we figured we'd give it a try. We got into Clancy's about 20 minutes before the running of the Preakness. We wanted to see the race but the main bar was pretty crowded and we couldn't find 3 seats together. Just as I thought we were going to have to stand off to the side I looked down and in the back corner I saw the raw bar. There are about 7 or 8 seats at that bar with a nice little flat panel TV. There were 3 seats open on the back side and we sat there. There's a nice big window overlooking the river with great views. Chris, the bartender, turned the TV for us so we could watch the race. He also made a great frozen mudslide as well. We were so comfortable there that we decided to stay for dinner. I ordered the beef stew and Chris told me it's not a brothy type of stew. I got it and was glad I did. It was very thich, which I like, and delicious. I forget what my friends had because my face was in my plate. Chris told us they're closing for 3 days this week to do some renovations (new carpeting and some other updates) but they'll be open for Memorial Day weekend. Great spot for a drink and/or dinner.

Visited May 2012