“great place for casual dining and drinks”

The Wooden Shoe Inc.
Ranked #14 of 47 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed June 28, 2013

amazing hard shell lobsters and steamers. good place to go and stay casual. the prices are very reasonable and the staff are very pleasant.

2  Thank Mark L

Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by few days ago for lunch and bloody Mary's. Drinks were good. Had the clam chowdah and it was very good. Good amount of clams not watered down, good flavor. Good quahogs. Very reasonably priced. Going back for dinner and will review that.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Good basic eats. Much of the menu is fried. Be warned that they do not have air-conditioning. Yikes!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Small little local place with bar and restaurant. NO AC and it was HOT when it was in the 90s. Limited menu, but best food we had. We went back twice. I tried clam chowder at EVERY restaurant and Wooden Shoe was the best! The quahogs were smoky flavored and delicious. My husband had steamers once and the lobster back. Loved it. Even my kids at seafood! Crab cakes and the clam chowder. Beer was priced fair, try the local beer! We were so happy to find this place!

2  Thank nomadswithchildren
Reviewed July 27, 2012

At the hotel we saw an ad for The Wooden Shoe that stated "Try us once and we guarantee you will return for more!" It also claimed to be family friendly and affordable. Really? Was I at the right place? We had an absolutely awful experience and I will never return. I can't believe the positive reviews on here- I actually thought I would have come home, read bad review after bad review, and kicked myself for not checking TA first.
We took our two children thinking it was a family friendly place- totally false advertising. My daughter sat in a highchair that looked like it was going to fall apart. We ordered milk which came in adult glasses- no lids...major spill waiting to happen. This was the only restaurant that didn't have appropriate cups for the kids- sounds like I'm nit picking, but it was absolutely ridiculous. There were two items on the kids menu- macaroni & cheese and a hot dog- ran about $5/$6 a plate. I substituted a side order of rice for the bag of potato chips and was charged $1.75 extra and the bag of chips was promptly taken off the table so that kid's meal ended up costing me $9. Ouch! On to the adult meals. The lobster roll was one of the worst I've had- it was very overpowered by an extreme amount of pepper (whole thing was speckled with black)- very disappointing. My Mom ordered baked scallops which had good flavor, but were all cut in half so she ended up getting about 5 scallops total. It came with an ear of corn- literally. The husk was still on it with the silt- no butter- absolutely tasteless. The side of cole slaw was in a container you'd see tartar sauce served in- so about a forkful. The prices were high for the amount of food we received and we left very disappointed. There's nothing worse than having a really bad meal on vacation. Service was absolutely terrible as well- there was one waitress working all the tables. So the slogan "try us once and we guarantee you will be back for more" should be more like try somewhere different and you'll be a whole lot happier.

3  Thank ChrissyRob2006