“The BEST meatball sub EVER!!!”

Bandera's Market & Deli
Ranked #20 of 48 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Description: Closed for the season. See you in the spring.
Description: Closed for the season. See you in the spring.
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Sadly, Porcaro's is only a seasonal shop--opening in May (late) and closing soon after Labor Day. But once they are open--head there for their homemade meatballs and sausage--they make big subs with one or the other--or both together! Subs (they also make Italian, turkey, ham, etc) are made to order on their awesome scali type bread--and a small sub, which at first seems expansive at @$7.50, is really enough for 2 people.
Their large is almost twice as big, and is stuffed full of their meatballs/Italian sausages and red sauce with cheese. I always ask for extra sauce and cheese--the scali bread--crusty on the outside and fluffy on the inside/-soaks up a lot of the sauce. I even froze 2 meatball subs last summer because I knew I had to wait until the next spring to enjoy one---

Owners are very very nice and accommodating--I came in at closing once and the father/son team still made me a sub without a complaint.

One of my favorite local secrets!!

There are newer reviews for Bandera's Market & Deli

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Don and his crew make you feel at home. Great fresh bread, cold cuts and snacks. Skip the Subw@y shop and go here for a well put togeather sandwich that is perfect for lunch at the beach or just hang out get a coffee read the paper and watch the world go by on Lower County Road

Reviewed July 21, 2010

We grabbed a couple of sandwiches here after a morning at the beach. The sandwiches were good- ran about $8 each which wasn't a bargain, but at least they use high quality bread and meats. The only thing that wouldn't make me run back was the service- the lady at the check out counter didn't even say hello to me as I was paying- the store was empty so it wasn't like she was overwhelmed with customers. Sometimes a smile and a greeting goes a long way!

2  Thank ChrissyRob2006
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I grew up in Dennisport, but I've lived and traveled all over the country. Everywhere I go, I look for a great deli that will serve my craving for a good sub every now and again. I have never, ever found a place as good as Porcaro's. I've been going there since I was a teenager, and I've never had one reason to not rate it as the best sub shop in America. They make their own bread, meatballs, and sausage too. I know for a fact that the local fire station has a Porcaro's opening day countdown. That should tell you all you need to know.

Reviewed April 30, 2010

This is a great deli or sandwich shop/convenience store. Some of the friendliest staff you can find anywhere (ok, unless Don's having a bad day). This place has the sandwiches and snacks you need for a perfect beach day and the best meat for your backyard BBQ!