“Is this place an Italian or Asian restaurant?”

Ocean House Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We went to Ocean House a few nights ago. It was valet parking and there was no parking anywhere on a Monday night. We sat in the back near the windows and the view was great. I ordered a mojito and my partner a blood orange margatini. The mojito was great but the blood orange margatini was made with blood orange liquere but they used regular orange juice and garnished with a regular orange. Kinda disappointed with that, it did not look like a blood orange drink. For my appetizer I had the lump crab cake with a corn and black bean salsa and it was excellent. My partner had the tuns tartar ice cream cones with wasabi foam. He was disappointed because the color of the tus was off, he was wondering how fresh it was. I had the orecchiette with spicy veal sausage and red sauce and it was good. My partner had the tuna with a sickening sweet Asian sauce that he thought ruined the meal. The color of the tuna was also off and did not look fresh. It also came with undercooked bok choy. We noticed that when the staff clean off the tables they just bushed all of the crumbs onto the floor and when someone really made a mess on the floor they just brushed it under the table after the patrons left. That was pleasant to watch, why not just get out a floor sweeper and take care of it that way. We couldn't figure out if we were eating at an Italian or Asian restaurant. The bento box offered that night was a mixture of both.

1  Thank javaandjazz

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Really don't get how this restaurant has managed to build such a following in and around the Dennis area. after hearing so much about it during visits over last 5 years finally went there on Saturday the 29 june. Great setting but service and food quality were very average ,ambience was far too noisy(including a group of drunks singing at the bar area) and is not worth the money. Would not go back

Spend your dollars elsewhere. There are many other better value places around.

2  Thank dontparkatno14
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This restaurant is supposed to be a fine dining experience. It is pricier than most. This was not really worth it. There was a long wait for a table (understandable) but then we were seated next to an obnoxious group of patrons. They should have been thrown out. Several of the staff ignored them and our service was poor. Food was only so-so.

2  Thank sueholland57
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My whole family and I took my Mom here for her birthday this past Friday night while we were all on vacation down in Dennis Port. This restaurant is amazing. The views are beautiful, the food was unbelievable....everything from the appetizers, to the salads to the main course. There were 11 of us and we all raved about the place. You will not go wrong having dinner here.

And there is a nice outside bar next to the ocean house- it is part of the ocean house and that was nice to have a drink before going to dinner..

1  Thank McKRy
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have never been so upset about a restaurant. The services of horrible, the food was gross not cooked . Well Let's talk about the management, there are no words tell you how RUDE they are. This place is over rated over priced and the management team should take class on how to treat people.

8  Thank susan02639