“Wonderful anniversary dinner with a gorgeous view”

Ocean House Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Vancouver Island, Canada
“Wonderful anniversary dinner with a gorgeous view”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Our innkeepers recommended this restaurant to us for our anniversary dinner. Luckily we had reservations. Even on a Thursday night in May this place was packed. We waited in the lounge for a table by the window and were seated within 5 minutes. Our waitress was very professional yet fun at the same time. The bread and dip alone is worth the visit. Presentation on all dishes is wonderful. I had the crab cake for an appetizer and it was hands down the best I've ever had. Both our entrees were great and we found the prices to be very good considering the view and the quality of the food. Would return again definitely.

1 Thank Duncan6

Boston, Massachusetts
“Always A Delightful Experience”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The drinks are great, the food is very good, the view is awesome. The waitstaff is professional at all times. Dinner at Ocean House is always a wonderful experience.

Boston
“Pushy bar staff. Great wait staff. Incredible views. Amazing food. Expensive.”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

For anybody visiting the Cape and looking for a special experience with gourmet food, two thumbs up. If you are seeking more local flavor and a less fancy environment, I would go elsewhere.

Our group of five decided to go to the Ocean House during Restaurant Week, which meant we had a three-course dinner for $30, quite a bargain for this pricy establishment.

We started with drinks, but the bartender was incredibly annoying, coming over to us every few minutes, interrupting us with random small talk, and touching our backs. Very weird. He said we could eat dinner there instead of in the dining room but when we declined, he immediately brought the check even though it was 30 minutes before our reservation. He hovered around and he actually opened the billfold to see if we had paid, and then stood nearby until we did. We left within 10 minutes. So incredibly rude and not what one would expect from this type of place. P.S. There were plenty of empty tables -- no wait for anyone to sit -- so it was very puzzling.

Happily, the rest of our meal was an absolute delight. Our waitress was professional, knowledgeable, and attentive, and the view of the sea from our window seat was outstanding.

We started with warm, crunchy bread and navy bean dip -- different and delicious. Our first courses ranged from a thick, traditional clam chowder to a warm calamari salad to a Bangkok fish cake, and they were all fabulous. There was plenty of time to relax and chat between courses, with absolutely no feeling of being rushed whatsoever.

When our main courses arrived, we had to take a moment to admire how beautifully they were presented. Although the Ocean House is known for seafood, the flat iron steak sounded intriguing and I'm so glad I chose it. The decorative sauce was so divine that I requested extra and liberally put it on the tender meat. The Gorgonzola mashed potatoes were the tastiest I have ever had, and the Vidalia onion rings were perfect. Three friends had the roasted salmon and were thrilled with their meal, and another had the Cape Cod Potato Chip Crusted Codfish, and said it was "utterly delectable." Is your mouth watering yet??

For our third course, three friends ordered the strawberry shortcake and loved it. One ordered the rhubarb crisp but was too stuffed to take more than a nibble. I didn't care for my dessert, a white chocolate panacotta (texture between a flan and a custard) but that was my own fault -- I ordered without realizing it had coconut in it, not my favorite flavor.

Overall, an incredible dining experience that I highly recommend if price is no object. P.S. No self parking. Valet service only.

Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Favorite Restaurant on Cape”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is by far our favorite restaurant on Cape Cod. The food is just always amazing and the view is outstanding. I highly recommend this restaurant- the outside may look a bit 70's but the inside and the food is amazing! It's a don't miss restaurant!

Locust Grove, Virginia
“great food and people”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

The people were very friendly and the food was wonderful. Glad we were there early because I understand they get very crowded near Memorial Day.

Visited May 2013