“MUST GO!!!”

Ocean House Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2011

This place is AWESOME!! The view is amazing and so romantic to be dinning ocean front. The bar is great and you must try an infused martini! FABULOUS! I am not a big martini girl because I hate it when you can't enjoy the martini and it tastes like pure rubbing alcohol. Well these martinis are DANGEROUS!! Too yummy and feel like there is no alcohol in them, however, hold on to your seat! They are just so good and tastey that you can't taste the alcohol! DEFINITELY a must try!!! The dinner was fabolous, the filet mignon cooked perfect and so tender - melts in your mouth. The scallops delicious! The Sundae in a chocolate bag- was so beautiufl it was tough to break it open and eat it!! (more than enough for 2 people) DELISH!!!! I can't wait to return and I have a feeling this will be a must go each time I am vacationing in Dennis, MA!!! Don't miss out on this great night out!!!!

Reviewed June 20, 2011

Went to this beautiful restaurant last night with my husband and sister, and it was the best! Total ocean view. We sat in the lounge, which is just as good as the main dining room. The dining room is generally full, especially on weekends, but the lounge often times has tables available for walk-ins. The prices are out of my budget (my top is $20/dinner), but my sister was treating, and she didn't flinch (she's from NYC). Average dinner is $30. Saying all that......the food is divine. Service is spectacular. Our server was Donny, and he was a top notch professional......and even crumbed our table! That's old school, and we loved it! Oh, by the way, they even offer non-alchoholic wine by the glass. That is such a treat for those of us who don't drink alchohol. The wine list is extensive also. There is valet parking, because parking is almost non-existent down there. It is not a quiet place, but rather a lively atmosphere with excellent quality food and service. Resort wear attire. All in all, the Ocean House is exceptional.

Reviewed June 16, 2011

My wife and I visited the Ocean House on the 7th May this year
Our trip to the cape was to celebrate our March anniversary but also May 7th was my wife’s birthday.
We were recommended the Ocean House by the hosts at the B&B in Yarmouth Port where we were staying who said it would be a lovely place for a birthday treat. And they were quiet right
They made the reservation on our behalf and I have to say on that Saturday evening everything was perfect.
The car was parked by the valet; the lady who met us and took us to our table was quite charming, and the lady who served us was more than helpful, even took our picture.
We had a table by the window overlooking the sea, not easy to get I’m told, and the food when it came (pan roasted scallops) was absolutely delicious.
I must agree that the main part of the restaurant was quite noisy but that seems to be the American way as it was like that everywhere we went.
All in all we have nothing but good things to say about the Ocean House and if the opportunity came would defiantly go there again.

Eddie & Daphne Kavanagh.
Tewkesbury.
UK

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We recently visited the Ocean House for our anniversary. Even though we had reservations made two months in advance, we were seated in the back of the restaurant. My husband ordered the $28 pre fixed dinner which was a good value. I decided to order the lobster ravioli's as recommended by other guests and was not disappointed. (If you are unable to take the left overs home, I would recommend the 1/2 order.) The only downside to the restaurant would be the noise level. There were very few tables of two. A majority of the establishment consisted of parties of 6 to 8 people, each trying to talk over the crowd noise.

Reviewed May 24, 2011

Had dinner at this restaurant. Excellent 3 course meal reasonably priced. Anything from beef, fish, pasta, pizza. Would definitely return.

1  Thank Elinorcb