“I've created a Monster!”

Ocean House Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“I've created a Monster!”
Reviewed April 1, 2011

I went to the Ocean House for the first time in summer 2010 without a reservation with a good friend. We were seated in the bar area (tables close together) where it is lively! We would have had a great view of the ocean but being night time, could see nothing (I wonder if zoning would allow lighting the surf?) We had a fabulous meal. I know we both had a lobster special (lobster with three dipping sauces, perhaps?) I enjoyed it so much, I took my husband when we were there after the holidays in December.
He LOVED it so much we ended up there with our kids the very next night! It is a popular restaurant so reservations are encouraged, but if it's a last minute thing you can always take your chances and sit in the bar area--same menu!
If you order off the 3-course prix fix menu, the portions are smaller than if you order the same items from the a la carte menu......My husband and I both ordered the delicious Bleu Cheese Wedge salad, he from the 3-course menu, I from a la carte....my salad was huge, almost a meal, compared to his which was still ample.
Ocean Houae is now my husband's favorite restaurant on the Cape and I know I'll be there often in the future!

• Visited December 2010

New Ipswich,NH
“Spring and Fall Special Menu”
Reviewed October 27, 2010

We try to get to the Cape for a week in the Spring and in the Fall when the weather is good but the crowds are gone.
We go to the Ocean House twice during each week and do the 3 course $28 meal which they offer off season. Everything is always just perfect. The waiter was this past Sunday was really friendly even suggesting that we take our desserts home for later as we were filled with the Calamari and the Kobi Beef rolls for appetizers and the Cod and Salmon meals. He packed the desserts with drizzles of chocolate and dollops of whipped cream and mint leaves.
Check out their menu online. It's even better than it sounds. We go again tomorrow night for the second time before going home.

1 Thank new_ipswich_traveler
Hartford, Connecticut
“Loved it!”
Reviewed October 24, 2010

We went last week, on a Thurs. No problem getting seated right away. We ate from the 3 course fixed price $28 menu. Portions were decent and food was excellent. Loved the bean and chili oil spread with the bread. Will definately check this out next summer. Drinks were decent sized, martini menu looked great, should have tried the Fig one. Oh well, next time. Loved the bar and the fireplace. Great atmosphere

Attleboro, Massachusetts
“LOVE the Ocean House”
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Spent the weekend on the Cape for my 40th birthday celebration and was very much looking forward to dinner at my favorite restaurant-Ocean House. It did not disappoint! Eveything was fantastic-as always-from beginning to end. The filet mignon is absolutely to die for! Fantastic restaurant!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Sandown, NH
“Pricey but everything was delicious. Our...”
Reviewed October 5, 2010

Pricey but everything was delicious. Our server, Rachel, was fantastic and knew the menu very well. Reservations are tough to get as we found out, but definitely worth the wait. We had an ocean front table and each course was creative and well cooked. My martini was very good! The dining room was very busy (even on a Sunday) and as a result, was pretty loud. Other than that, we would definitely go back!