“Had a nice dinner”

Ranked #13 of 47 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: A true Cape Cod Classic! Built around an original Cape Cod sea captain’s home, the Ebb Tide serves fresh, local seafood, whole lobsters and prime beef in five intimate dining rooms. Three-Course Dinner Specials offered 5pm-6pm. Open May – September.
Reviewed August 19, 2013

While on the Cape this summer, I had dinner here with my family (husband and 2 small kids). The restaurant is partitioned into two separate rooms. We sat in the smaller of the two which my husband later noticed was the family dining space. Which was fine but that way they keep the other dining room quieter. They do have a kids menu. I chose to sample a few appetizers. I had the lobster bisque which in my opinion was very good. Not too thick and it actually had lobster in it. Then I had the lobster critters which were really good. The plate came with 5 which was a generous portion. I also had the lobster ravioli appetizer which I thought was excellent. The cream sauce was a bit too thick for my liking but the taste was great and they were topped with lobster pieces. I also tried the crab cake which I did not like. I had a bite and didn't like it. The waiter asked if it was okay and I said I didn't like it and he removed it from my check. I seriously didn't make a fuss about it or anything. I was surprised to see it removed which I thought was a nice gesture. Anyway, overall I enjoyed my dining experience and the food. I would definitely go back. The restaurant itself inside is very nice.

1  Thank ConnieRC

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were a large party, and we did not have a reservation for a restaurant in Cape Cod. Our hotel referred us to The Ebb Tide. We made a reservation for 10 and within an hour we were seated. The restaurant is very nice, cozy and well presented. The service was very knowledgeable and gracious. With a party of 10, I think we all had the Prixe Fixe (great for adults and kids), and everyone truly enjoyed their dishes (two of the kids split a meal, and it was not a problem). The lobster bisque was terrific. My swordfish was perfectly cooked and delicious. The deserts (included in the Prixe Fixe) were absolutely wonderful. We will definitely be back next year.

1  Thank hughesjack
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My in-laws had gone here for many yers, so ths was a bit of nostalgia for us. It was a pleasant surprise....and I would go back JUST to get the lobster fritters...they beat even the best clam fritters I have ever had!! There is a nice selection of prix-fix dinners as well as a la carte...chicken, seafood, steak...the sweet onion saad dressing was amazing. The breads were delicious also......worth another vist!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The food and service were really excellent. The menu is varied with many seafood dishes as one would expect on the Cape but also other favorites like prime rib and veal. Salad, potato and vegetable of the day are included. The prices are a bit high, so this is more of a special occasion dinner than an every week stop.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We are from the Jersey Shore and we have stayed in Dennis Port every August before Labor Day for the past 5 years because we love the Cape and it's also our anniversary. We have younger kids, but we like to share our anniversary dinner with them as a special treat. The Ebb Tide was their first "fine dining" experience. We have gone to this restaurant for our anniversary for the past 3 years. The food is excellent, the kids love the food, the fine dining, i.e., the palette cleanser between meals (iced sorbet) and we are looking forward to going again in a couple of weeks!