“Food & service good the 1st visit, NOT the 2nd time...”

The Sailing Cow Cafe
Ranked #29 of 48 Restaurants in Dennis Port
Cuisines: American
Description: Beachside dining located on Nantucket Sound. Come to The Sailing Cow Cafe and enjoy the beach, fun staff, udderly delicious food, refreshing cocktails and live entertainment! At The Sailing Cow Cafe we use fresh ingredients to create specialty dishes. Our food is cooked to order, and we are happy to accommodate special menu needs. We serve homemade breakfast, lunch and dinner, so you can enjoy our delicious food any time of the day! Some local favorites at Sailing Cow include our overstuffed omelets or signature corn bread french toast for breakfast. Lunch favorites are our fresh seafood, overstuffed sandwiches and large crisp salads and large burgers. Sailing Cow dinner menu offers great seafood, fabulous steaks, mouth watering prime rib and grilled lobsters. Come eat, drink and hang out with us at Sailing Cow Cafe! Whether you're in town on vacation, or permanent resident, we look forward to meeting you and serving you home cooked food with a smile.
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Visited The Saling Cow twice this summer while in Dennisport. Right across the street from the beach. Can get a bit chilly in the early evening. Bring a sweater. We sat outside the first time time. Our party of 6 all enjoyed their meals. A friend ordered The Firehouse chicken dinner & it looked very good. Good clam chowder with lots of clams. I had the lobster mac & cheese which was good, but very rich w/ all the cheese. Caesar salad was excellent. We had a young college girl as our waitress & she was very good. Decided to come back for another visit since we enjoyed it the first time....

This time we sat inside because it was so windy. I ordered the chicken dinner which came with a side of baked beans. I asked our waitress (older woman) if I could get something else besides the beans & she simply said "NO". I told her I didn't like beans and I wouldn't eat them anyway, and she just looked at me and didn't offer me any other option. So out came the beans which my daughter ate. Not very accomodating. My daughter got pasta with butter. She asked for parmesan cheese and was brought a greasy jar from another table. The cheese smelled like dirty, stinky feet. It was disgusting...I could smell it from the other end of the table. Our entire table agreed it had a very bad odor. My daughter wouldn't touch her pasta after that, and I wouldn't let her anyway w/that smell! Tried to bring this to our waitress's attention, but she seemed to have disappeared. We literally never saw her again after she brought our dinners. We finally got the attention of another waitress who refilled our drinks & informed us that the restaurant was experiencing computer problems. We sat again waiting for drink refills, had to get up and find another waitress to take the stinky pasta off the table & off the bill & then waited again to get our bill and pay it. Could not wait to get out of there. Sometimes restaurants have computer glitches, however, that is not an excuse to abandon your customers and no longer serve them while you try to fix the computer. At least assign another waitress to take care of your table. No tip for you!

1  Thank sherinongratis
There are newer reviews for The Sailing Cow Cafe

Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We have been here a few times and the food is always consistently good. Typical American fare like sandwiches, burgers & fries. I highly recommend the muffins, they are really great!

Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

If this place could get more organized and had better service, it would be a hot spot for a dining experience. My family vacation's within walking distance of this place, so convenience has superseded my better judgement in frequenting them. We have tried to eat there 3-4 times over the past 3 years or so. Assuming we can even get a seat( if u have a party larger than 4...good luck!!)the food is average at best,and the wait times to get our food has been ridiculous(25-30 min for some burgers and fries...please!!) This place is succeeding for 2 reasons..1. Location-great view of the beach and ocean and 2. Adults can go and get " tanked" while listening to live entertainment. If u have a family, especially with young or preteen children, I would avoid this place !!!!

1  Thank MFD70
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We've been to mediocre places that get by because of their location. This isn't one of them. We found this place and had a great lunch. We sat outside, which is right across the street from the beach. They had good beer, great burgers, sandwiches, and their onion rings may have been the best I've ever had.
We're glad we found The Sailing Cow, and we'll be back next time we're on The Cape.

3  Thank laguna5243