All reviews small fridge other guests season cape summer
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2018

I wasn't sure what to expect based on the differing reviews. I was "splurging" and returning to the Cape for the second time this Summer and I couldn't afford much. Let me start by saying that I stayed 5 nights, arriving Sunday checking out Friday, and only paid $75/night. Based on price and previous reviews I didn't expect much, but I hoped it was good enough for me to stay once I saw it first hand. My room, second floor, was basic but clean. As advertised it had a mini frig and microwave. There was no room phone, alarm clock, coffee maker, ice, or vending machines. The bed was creaky although after a couple of nights it got quieter. The linens were extremely cheap, the sheets were scratchy, so much so that I thought there was sand in the bed a couple of times. There were some people that appeared to live there. A couple of times it was loud, but nothing I couldn't deal with. The wifi was VERY spotty. The staff were good, kind and attentive. The only chair in the room was a folding chair. That kind of thing doesn't bother me. Lots of exterior peeling paint but no bad smell or bugs, I checked under the sheets and everything looked clean. I didn't use the pool but other guests did, and it looked adequate. The exterior door was flimsy and probably not much more secure than a stall door in a public restroom. Again, that kind of thing doesn't bother me. I would go back.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

We cut our stay short. It was that bad. Our neighbors were screaming ALL night, throwing things out the window, banging on doors - it was pretty scary. As for our room, our bed was held together with duct tape and our lamp shade was broken (we could have lived with this given the cheap price). I feel badly because the people at the front desk were very nice, but they need to do something about their poorly behaved guests. I understand from prior reviews this was not an isolated instance.

Date of stay: July 2017
3  Thank 682alisonl
Reviewed July 1, 2017

We felt as though we were staying at a homeless shelter/subsidized housing. This is not meant to offend those in need. However, when you book a hotel room you don't expect to find people who appear to live there full time. We woke up in the middle of the night to partying - people "stomping" past our room...Not a comfortable place to stay more than a night...room was small, but clean with only a folding chair and beds to sit on.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank lpspaulding
Reviewed August 24, 2016

We were nervous about this reservation after reading some of the terrible reviews but our room was clean and that's all we cared about since we were just staying for one night. The furniture did seem cheap and beat up and the bathtub was stained but everything did seem clean. We were only there for a total of 9 hours. Can't say I would have wanted to spend a few days there but it was fine for a quick pit stop.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2016

Pretty basic, no frills place, but nice staff, and given the season and location, it was a great deal. Some minor complaints - room smelled a bit musty (as rooms near water often do), floor was uneven, noise from other guests walking up to and on the 2nd floor was a bit loud. But the bed was fine, the A/C worked, and good luck finding a better deal on the cape in August. I paid two and a half times as much for a similar room in Falmouth a couple of years ago, so all in all I would recommend this place if you have tolerance for imperfections.

BTW, this motel is not on the water as the name might imply, but did you really expect that from the price?

Room tip: I recommend requesting a second floor room if noise bothers you
Date of stay: August 2016