“Great location, fantastic staff, but room left a bit to be desired”

Three Seasons Motor Lodge
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Dennis Port
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I checked in on a busy weekend and there were only two rooms available on the second floor. The first floor wasn't for me because other guests are walking right by/right through your patio area. Although it would be much quicker to get out to the beach or pool area, I would rather have a bit more privacy. The location was great, it was literally right on the beach. Although we never went to their restaurant, they did serve food out on the patio by the beach as well. The food was very good too and the waitstaff was great. They were dressed as you would expect to find someone in a high end NYC hotel. It was a nice touch. Also they had these large fancy torch things that they pulled out in the evening and it really dressed the place up. The staff at the front desk were so wonderful and helpful as well.

My only complaint would be the room. I realize this establishment has been around for quite some time and I have heard that some of the rooms were updated, however mine clearly was not one. The things that were disappointing, but that I was fine with: The bathroom was super tiny, the back wall was wood paneling, and the comforter appeared to be very old. It would have been nice if there was some updating, but honestly I'm OK with all that. However the box spring on one of the beds was clearly dirty. It had a huge watermark running diagonally down the side. I don't understand why they wouldn't have a dust ruffle over it, or a cover of some sort. I wish I had never noticed it, as it just made the whole room feel dirty. I was going to ask to have our room switched but the other room on the second floor that was available when we made our reservation (and who knew if it was still available) was near the pool and ours was near the beach, and I didn't want to be moved to the first floor.

We were a little concerned about our close proximity to the tiki-bar area, as we had our young son with us and he goes to bed early. However they close it down at a decent hour and it wasn't a problem at all. The place was great actually and everyone was having a good time there.

Honestly I would stay here again, but I would ask for an updated room. It would have changed the whole feel of the place had it felt cleaner to me. We spent very little time in our room and most of our time out on their spectacular beach. You really can't beat the location!

Room Tip: Second floor if you like privacy, first floor if you like a quick exit to the beach.
2  Thank KayM71

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My sister and 12 of our close friends spent the weekend at the Three Seasons Resort and were very content!

The proximity to the ocean was ideal and the resort's convenient walk or drive to some of Dennis Port's best bars and restaurants we were grateful for.

The rooms are well seasoned so if you're not planning on spending your time outside at the beach or pool this is not the hotel for you.

Staff was friendly yet very young.

Food was decent however drinks were over priced.

Weekend evenings they host a great live band at their tiki hut which attracts a great crowd.

Room Tip: Ocean view or ocean front is your best bet (more privacy). Pool view's are loud with use of poo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hillary F
Reviewed July 31, 2013

we have been staying here for years. when we go there are about 20 of us. the staff is great about putting us all together. they are very friendly and the place is so comfortable! there is a great restaurant right next door who also does catering at the bar at the hotel. (outside) It is clean and very pleasant. we all can't wait to go back next year!!

Room Tip: ocean front is the best but even the other rooms all have views of the water from the large porches...
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We have been going to the Three Seasons since 06'. We love it. Although somethings are a little outdated, every year we return we see that they have fixed or updated something. (you can't do everything all at once) The beds are not the most comfortable but after a day at the beach and the sounds of the waves, we sleep like babies. The staff is extremely friendly, and are quick in responding to any concerns we have. The rooms are not five star, but that is not what we go there looking for. We go there for the beach and a place to relax, and that is exactly what we get. The location is perfect and the beach clean and family friendly. The cafe has delicious food, a little pricey sometimes but not completely out of hand. We have not dined at the Ocean House but the parking lot is always full so I am sure it is wonderful. When we return at night after dinner the valet staff is quick to find us a spot, or at times have saved us one when we leave. We love the upstairs ocean front room with the huge balcony. We request it every year. We were a little worried about the tiki bar. We were worried that it would become a local hangout instead of just attracting the patrons, but since it closes at 9pm it has not caused much of a problem. We are not big drinkers so maybe we were just prejudice. Maybe this year we will sit and enjoy it with a cocktail. The pool is clean and a wonderful break from the beach. Our kids spend the day bouncing from beach to pool and back again. The center courtyard is awesome. We feel safe in letting our kids play there without us having to hover over them. It seems everyone looks out for everyone else there. We have met some great people along the way. It is not the Ritz but it has our hearts and we can't wait to get back there in August.

Room Tip: Room #59, best value and unbeatable view!!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My family enjoyed our stay, All the staff were very pleasant and helpful. We had a pool view room,it was awesome because we also had a perfect view of the ocean. Yes the rooms do need some updating, the bathroom in our room needed to be overhauled but I found it to to be very clean, (that is why I only gave 4 stars). My only complaint was the kitchen staff smoking in the stairwells, the smoke would come up to the balcony each time. We loved the Tiki bar, there seemed to be a great atmosphere.The cafe food was excellent, I had both breakfast and lunch there and would recommend it, the food is very fresh.
We did not go to the Ocean house, the menu is pricey if that is what you are looking for,t I am sure it is good since each night the parking lot was completely full.
The beach is nice, luckily we brought our own chairs because another family felt the need to go down to the beach early and claim all the supplied chairs. I noticed that some weren't even used that had been saved. We are looking forward to returning in August!

Room Tip: Bring your own beach chairs and umbrellas
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed at the Three Seasons this past weekend for a wedding. Arrived around 8:30pm and couldn't find any parking due to the lot being used for valet for the restaurant next door. Walked in to our room to find sand and dirt all over the floor as soon as you opened the door. Room and bathroom is VERY outdated, with two very uncomfortable double beds. One sagged in the middle, and the other had crumbs (or sand) when you pulled back the comforter. Overall had sort of a dirty feeling, and didn't want to walk around with my shoes off. Not a great value at $250 a night (that was with a discount!). I struggled with giving this review a third bubble, but there are some pros: location (plenty of restaurants close by), beach access, tiki bar on property (only open until 9pm), and in our case, the fact that they seem to accommodate large groups of party-goers. We were out in the courtyard well past midnight without anyone telling us to quiet down. I can't speak to the pool or the cafe as we didn't use either. To repeat what a lot of other reviewers have said, this place could be great if they did some serious updating and spent a little more time cleaning the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katie G
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My family of 5 stayed at the 3 Seasons with another family of 5 and had a terrific time. The Hotel has a good "vibe". It is not the Ritz, but it doesn't need to be. It brought me back to memories of my family vacations in the 70's. What the 3 Seasons lacks in 1000 thread count Egyptian Cotton sheets, it makes up for in hospitality and comfort. The rooms are standard, but extremely clean and well kept, hotel rooms. The beds are comfortable and the sound of the waves coming in only 20 yards from our window made for good slumber. The location is very nice to get around the Cape. Provincetown is only a 50 minute drive away, Mayflower beach is only 20 minutes away and all of the little towns around Dennisport are as quaint as can be. The staff at the 3 Seasons is very friendly and truly seem to enjoy serving you. The Tiki Beach Bar is a great place to unwind, listen to good local musicians, and have a nice cocktail before going over to the Oceans Restaurant, right next door, for a 5 star dining experience. The staff is very friendly and caters to your needs, in fact, my son left a pair of board shorts and a phone charger in his room, which we didn't realize until a few weeks after we were back home, and the following day, without us even calling the resort, a package arrived in the mail from 3 Seasons Resort with my sons items in it. Can't say enough about the good memories my family came home with from the Cape and a lot of them can be attributed to our stay at the 3 Seasons. Thank you, we will be back!

Room Tip: We liked the ocean front rooms on the second level, rooms 21-24.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Corsair and Cross Rip Oceanfront
Holiday Hill Inn & Suites
Holiday Hill Inn & Suites
#9 of 19 in Dennis Port

Been to Three Seasons Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!