“Amazing location with a fun beach bar but their lodging is less than adequate.”

Three Seasons Motor Lodge
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Dennis Port
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful location right on the ocean but their rooms are in bad shape. The screen on the sliding doors came off, the decor is old and just plain trailer trash! If they invested in redoing the hotel like they did their bar and restaurant this place would be amazing!

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We Love to stay at the Three Seasons. This was our second thrip there. We stayed in room 29 which looks over the ocean and is a top floor room. The rooms are clean and the front desk staff is great! We love the ocean and this beach is very comfortable and family friendly. The inground pool is also very family friendly. The breakfast there is awesome! The only think I would say is the bathrooms are outdated and the refridgerator is small. Other than that it was a great time and we will go back again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank stbonjovifan
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Have been going to Three Seasons for 5+ years. We stay in an ocean front room and love the views from our balcony. The rooms are clean and the front desk staff outstanding. This year they upgraded the Coffee shop--awesome food at a reasonable price. Love the fresh mozzarella and tomato sandwich.
The only downside is the Tiki Bar. While great for those waiting for dinner next door, it is noisy for those of us staying there. The bar generates garbage that gets blown down onto the rocks, courtyard and the beach and no one cleans it up. The grounds used to be spotless with crew picking up trash, raking beach and emptying garbage--but seems like they have neglected that this year. And walking in my bathing suit carrying chairs, umbrellas and all my beach gear past some 20 people who are all dressed up for dinner is a little uncomfortable--especially when you have to march in front of the live entertainment and step over the amplifier cords. If not for the Tiki bar--and associated trash-- I would rate it Excellent.

Room Tip: Do not chose a 1st floor room near Tiki bard
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We have been visiting the Three Seasons for 2 years after the resort we stayed at for 35 years, down the street from the Three Seasons, was purchased by a timeshare corporation. After dealing with the "corporate" timeshare people, I can certainly say that it is refreshing to work with "local" people like Ruth and the Hart family at the Three Seasons. This year, we stayed in their suite in June and one of their cottages in September. Both accommodations were outstanding (exceptionally clean and recently updated). I have not stayed in the rooms, but I did walk through one of the poolside rooms. Carpeting was spotless and the walls were freshly painted. The resort buildings and grounds, including the beach, are exceptionally well maintained.

Breakfast in the newly renovated cafe was outstanding (an upper class feel at reasonable prices - we had 2 eggs, toast, home fries and fruit for $6). Regarding the outdoor bar, during my stay, there was a crowd at the bar but noone was out of control. If this is of concern, simply request a room closer to the pool/office.

I have nothing but good things to say about the resort and the staff. My only complaint is that I did not find the Three Seasons sooner! Already have my reservation booked for next year!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed in the suite over Labor Day weekend with some family members visiting the Cape for a family party. If i had looked at the reviews on TA beforehand, I probably wouldn't have stayed here. There is a nice view of the ocean but you can't walk far before running into a pile of rocks that divides the properties, disguised as some sort of jeddy. They like to break up the beach in that area. Very disturbing. The beach should belong to everyone. Go to the National Seashore Beaches (like Nauset, 20 minutes away) if you like to walk on the beach where you don't have to step over people and you actually feel like you are at the beach. But I digress...

The suite was run down and disappointing for $275 a night. The floor of the living room and bathroom needed vacuuming and when we asked they took care of it fairly quickly. There was a really old, worn oriental in the living room that looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a long time. I put a towel on the couch before I sat on it. The furnishings were old and worn. The bathroom and kitchen areas were clean, thank goodness. The king size bed was very comfortable. The other room had a couple of twin beds and it did not smell very clean in there. I think the carpet needs to be replaced. Overall, it was icky. And as other reviewers have said, it's kind of a party place. People leaving at 1am woke us up and then the staff arriving early in the morning woke us up. Not a relaxing place. We kept making jokes about how it compared the hotels in Greece we had stayed in. NOT!

I will say the breakfast staff, young, friendly people, was busy labor day morning but we received our food in a reasonable amount of time. I had the eggs with bacon and home fries. Very good. Others had french toast and the yogurt parfait, pancakes. All delicious. The french toast with the fruit on top was HUGE. Our young cousin ate just one piece!

I think CecileQ hit the nail on the head. We won't be returning. Oh, and we had dinner at the seafood restaurant up the street on Depot at the Wee Packet (strange name, but good food). The fish and chips was huge. I requested onion rings with it and, other than having a stomach ache later, cause I never eat fried food!, it was delicious! Cooked perfectly. Friendly staff, good service.

Head to the outer Cape if you want to experience the beaches of Cape Cod. This area does not do it justice. If you want a pool and a small beach for kids and don't mind the partying, this might be your kind of place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank carolinedevlin
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My sister and I recently stayed here with our children and her grandchildren. We had a fabulous time! The rooms were spacious and clean! The beach was perfect! Having the room close to the beach and pool was perfect with the kids. Everything we needed - including takeout - was within walking distance. To top off the day, the musical entertainment at the beach bar was an added benefit! We will recommend to everyone! Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Went for breakfast on Labor Day, with my husband and children ages 1 and 4, we put names on list to sit outside, we waited about 10 minutes, not bad. It went down hill from there. We sat and were brought coffee (by the only person who looked like he was working), we waited about 20 minutes before we asked to order, after about 20 minutes more, still no food, I asked again the one guy who was working WHAT THE HELL WAS GOING ON, he said he was filling in that day and usually only works at the ocean house busing tables but he would see where our food was, after another 10 mintues (30 minutes after we ordered "eggs and pancakes for the kids" nothing). I went inside to see where our food was and was told that we see you ordered 30 minutes ago it should be out soon, I said this is absolutely crazy, then some older weatherd looking waitress advised "well everything is made to order" ITS EGGS with some toast what are you waiting for the chicken to lay the egg!!!, we then waited about another 10 minutes and as we were getting ready to leave 1/2 of our order came out, my husband still had yet to get his egg. We had no ketchup etc and had to ask again the only guy working to get it for us and when he came to give me water wanted to know where my cup was I told him we only got one! NEVER, NEVER AGAIN and this is owned by the OCEAN HOUSE. We have been to restaurants all over the Cape during holidays and have never had such HORRIBLE SERVICE ESPECIALLY FOR BREAKFAST! It cost us $30 for my meal which I split with the kids and my husbands which took over 1 hr to get-

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
#12 of 19 in Dennis Port
Holiday Hill Inn & Suites
Holiday Hill Inn & Suites
#9 of 19 in Dennis Port

Been to Three Seasons Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!