“Great value, clean, and updated”

Edgewater Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Dennis Port
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed with our kids in a 1 bedroom suite. The kids slept on sleeper sofa. Ample space for 1 bedroom suite. Super cute decor- very beachy. You can walk to beach. The pool needed some maintenance and updating. There were no laundry facilities for guests. But suite was very nice for family.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank neenandscadad

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The room we were in was nice , clean , and a view of the ocean from the sliding doors like you read about . Needless to say it felt like we had come home. It wasn't the Taj Mahal but with the view it was better . I wouldn't have left if I could have stayed .

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Garotycoyote
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Planned a romantic spring escape with my husband and narrowed ot down to the edgewater because:
a. I wanted a view
b. I wanted a fireplace/jacuzzi
c. I wanted central cape location for bike path/touring access.

I would rate it 3.5 if possible.

Edgewater is a nice property usually timeshares, price was fair for the room we had: Oceanview suite with jacuzzi/fireplace/kitchenette. Could easily fit 4 if needed but was plenty big for the two of us.

As stated in other reviews YES door to room opens into bedroom - this was not a problem for us and it shielded us from the strong morning sun.

The good:
Lots of room, very clean, kitchenette was great and welll stocked, full size fridge, bathroom was large & modern, jacuzzi was fantastic, view was great from room 235, comfy bed, lots of storage space for clothes/gear. beach is right out front, pool is nice etc. Only 2 miles to the CC bike trail. Ocean house restaurant which is fabulous is down the street (walkable).

The bad:
Fireplace wasn't working because it was too "windy" - so I would assume in winter it will rarely work as it's always windy. You can hear everytime someone in the next rooms showers or flushes & it is LOUD! Absolutely bring ear plugs. TVs are old, clunky, - they work but I expected a more modern experience for the price. Parking lot was torn up so we had to walk a long way to get to our oceanfront rooms.

I would consider in season w/kids if price was right but suspect it will be all booked with timeshare owners.

Room Tip: Oceanfront is nice if you can swing it but view is chopped by large swathes of wood between windows...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank debvil
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this property during the last week of March as part of a getaway with our timeshare company. Based on previous reviews, we opted for the 1 bedroom condo and I was glad we did. We had plenty of room and enjoyed our stay. We were on the 2nd floor with a wonderful ocean view. Upon entry into the condo, you were in the bedroom which led to the kitchen/dining/living area which opened up to the enclosed porch. The bathroom was of adequate size with two sinks and plenty of counter space. There was no closet in the bedroom but an adequate sized closet with plenty of hangers in the living area. There was a fireplace in the living area which we loved, with a medium size TV in the living area and small TV in the bedroom. The staff at the front desk was extremely friendly and always helpful. The suite was very clean and the kitchen was stocked with everything we could need. Since we stayed during the off-season, the resort was pretty quiet which we loved. However, towards the end of the week someone was booked in the room next to us and unfortunately when in the bathroom, I could hear them cough, muffled conversations, and every time they turned the water on or flushed the toilet..that was a bit annoying, but maybe I am just overly picky! Overall we had a wonderful stay and I would definitely go back in the future. Previous reviews had noted the enclosed porch had a jacuzzi tub, however ours did not. I am not sure if they took them all out or if it was just our room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RF0912
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week and enjoyed it. We did encounter two problems: 1) intermittent Internet connection that was completely down for three days (we understand it was fixed by the time of our departure); 2) noise from the heat system which was next door to the unit. It woke us up every night as it repeatedly turned off and on.
We would stay hear again, but not in unit #127 (and probably #128, 227, and 228 which are also adjacent to the noisy system)
Great mid-Cape location, right on the beach. Staff was nice and helpful. I called to see if I could borrow a fry pan (the unit didn't have one) and it was delivered within 5 minutes of my call.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Nice clean rooms, lots of room in the one bedroom suite. Great TV in the living room, small TV in the bedroom, roomy bathroom. Clean place, helpful staff, nice view of the water. I stayed there during the off season, the staff was helpful in keepng track of what restaurants are still open. There are grills on the grounds and outside tables and chairs . The kitchen was stocked with the basics for supplies, no oven but there is a microwave and stove top. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: U shaped building so all rooms appear to have a view of the water. Second floor is probably better...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 20, 2012

After a terrible experience at another motel, we drove to Edgewater. There were rooms available and we were very happy. It was a 1 bedroom with a large bathroom, living room/eating area, kitchenette, and enclosed porch with a Jacuzzi tub. The view from the porch overlooked the water. There was also an electric fireplace that gave off enough heat so were did not need to turn the heat on. The front desk is open 24 hrs in the off season and the staff is very accommodating.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
The Breakers on the Ocean
#12 of 19 in Dennis Port
10 mi away
Cape Codder Resort & Spa

Been to Edgewater Beach Resort? Share your experiences!