“Classic Cape resort”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Dennis Port
Melrose, Massachusetts
“Classic Cape resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a week and enjoyed it. We did encounter two problems: 1) intermittent Internet connection that was completely down for three days (we understand it was fixed by the time of our departure); 2) noise from the heat system which was next door to the unit. It woke us up every night as it repeatedly turned off and on.
We would stay hear again, but not in unit #127 (and probably #128, 227, and 228 which are also adjacent to the noisy system)
Great mid-Cape location, right on the beach. Staff was nice and helpful. I called to see if I could borrow a fry pan (the unit didn't have one) and it was delivered within 5 minutes of my call.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Bellingham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Nice clean rooms, lots of room in the one bedroom suite. Great TV in the living room, small TV in the bedroom, roomy bathroom. Clean place, helpful staff, nice view of the water. I stayed there during the off season, the staff was helpful in keepng track of what restaurants are still open. There are grills on the grounds and outside tables and chairs . The kitchen was stocked with the basics for supplies, no oven but there is a microwave and stove top. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: U shaped building so all rooms appear to have a view of the water. Second floor is probably better...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Norwalk, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

After a terrible experience at another motel, we drove to Edgewater. There were rooms available and we were very happy. It was a 1 bedroom with a large bathroom, living room/eating area, kitchenette, and enclosed porch with a Jacuzzi tub. The view from the porch overlooked the water. There was also an electric fireplace that gave off enough heat so were did not need to turn the heat on. The front desk is open 24 hrs in the off season and the staff is very accommodating.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank RLMS56
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed here for one week with a group of 5 in a two bedroom unit in the fall. Property was just ok, but definitely outdated and in need of a little TLC as indicated in prior reviews. Beachfront was good, but the beach itself was mucky with a lot of washed up debris. Front desk staff was hit and miss in terms of attentiveness and the gym area was very tiny and smelly (in the basement). The condo unit itself however was well appointed and clean. The two full bathrooms were great, and the unit made a very comfortable home base in cape cod. Location is close to Route 6 which is key for getting around the cape, and access to Boston. Supermarkets are also a quick drive away as well. No onsite restaurant but a couple nearby. Overall, this property is defnitely better than poor, but less than great!

Room Tip: Rooms in the middle block offer the best view of the water. Lower floors have a nice little walk-ou...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank R D
Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

We traded our week for a week at this resort and to call it a resort is a bit of a stretch. It is what I have come to understand is comparable to most Cape Cod resorts, a nice location but basically just a converted one bedroom hotel room/efficency with a little more space. The strangest thing was to walk in the door directly into the bedroom. We had a one bedroom with a direct view of the dunes and it was clean and comfortable for 2 people. It would be very tight for someone to have guest staying on the pullout couch. My biggest complaint was that I had to make an appointment with my chiropractor as soon as I got home because the bed was so soft I had a terrible back ache for most of the week and even slept on the couch two nights. There was basically one small closet which I felt was ridiculous but I can see that there was no other room for it. On the plus side it was a nicely decorated and had a kitchenette, roomy bathroom and gas fireplace. It had a patio but there was really no private area outside at all,as we were on the first floor and the patio just had wooden fencing walls to separate the space from the neighbors. Everyone waking by were only a few feet away on the walkways. I thought if they had a roof over the patios it would have felt more private and kept the chairs and table dry because of course it had rained most of our week. The pool was clean and was in a "geenhouse" so we were able to use it even in the cool weather, and there was a 4 person hot tub. The beach was not what I expected because I was picturing an ocean and this was the sound, it was not too much area to walk on a bit before you encountered "Private Beach" signs shortly in both directions.The location was located along the sound in a residential area.The bike trails through this area were wonderful. It was very centrally located to drive in either direction to see the other sights of Cape Cod. We took the ferry one day over to Martha's Vineyard and took our bikes and road around the island. I might return to the area but I was not really impressed with this resort.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank mmmande
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed here week of Oct 20 - 27th. Room 234. Awesome oceanfront 1 bd. room. Room was clean and well stocked with kitchen, bathroom necessities. We did not have per say a "balcony" but did have an enclosed area with windows that you could open. Enclosed area had a bar height round table and 4 stools where we sat every morning eating breakfast and watching a beautiful sunrise.
As previously stated the only issue was that when you walk in to your room you walk directly into the bedroom. The lights from outside kept the room fairly bright at night. (We unscrewed the lightbulb from outside which helped a bit.
We loved the decor (blue and white), plenty of room, gas fireplace. We used the indoor pool which was nice and clean with extra towels available.
Front desk very helpful, two computers available for use (we were able to print our boarding passes on the day of departure.
We had a wonderful stay and would stay again without question.

Room Tip: There are 8 ocean front rooms available try to request any of them.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BREZ6
Slc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Initially, I was in a studio, but was upgraded to a lovely one bedroom. It was exceptionally clean and very charming. Decorated in the traditional Cape Cod blue and white, it was well stocked and spacious. The office staff were very pleasant and helpful. The location is very nice. The pool was clean and fairly large. I did not have an ocean view, but the ocean was just around the corner.

After seeing the studio, I would never stay in one, unless it was for a qucik overnight. The room was terribly small, with a murphy bed coming down from the wall, a two cushion sofa, and a kitchen eating area that consisted of a 2foot counter attached to the wall. BUT.... the room they switched me into was wonderful and I will always be thankful for this generous gesture as it made the trip so much more enjoyable!

Room Tip: Spring for a one bedroom! The studios are way too tiny!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,197 reviews
Corsair and Cross Rip Oceanfront

Been to Edgewater Beach Resort? Share your experiences!