I booked this hotel for my wedding guests in September 2009. I only booked here because it was the only hotel still available for the weekend I wanted. At first the staff was friendly and the rooms seemed clean. However, they were NOT accommodating. They gave me hassle for blocking rooms. Then in August...after we had booked 30+ rooms...they took the hold off of the other 8 rooms because they "needed the space for other guests". I let them know that I would pay for the rooms whether guests stayed in them or not and that I would sign something saying that I would pay them the difference when I came down for the wedding. They wanted a credit card on the spot in order to hold the rooms. I didn't have a credit card on me that would carry that much money...therefore my rooms were unblocked.
Not only that, I asked to speak to the owner of the hotel to square things away. A family member of the owner, possibly daughter, called me back and was VERY rude. She said that she had enough of me and my family and she wouldn't hold the rooms for us anymore. When I asked her to give me a list of the people who had already booked she told me that she had already given that information to me once before and she wouldn't give it to me again. She wasn't going to sit on the phone and read the names of the people who had booked for my wedding. When I told her that she was talking to the bride and was promising and willing to sign a contract that the rooms would be paid for she said that she had to go because she was VERY busy. I asked what her name was and she hung up the phone on me.
I had been nothing but nice to these people who were rude and obnoxious back to me. She was rude to my entire family. I had gone there one month earlier and asked her to verify that one person had booked a room and not a cottage, because the receptionist I spoke to said my aunt had booked a cottage and my aunt thought she booked a room. It took them 35 minutes to give me an answer. One person was on the phone in front of the filing cabinet and the other person I was talking to said she couldn't ask the person on the phone to move. So I stood there for 35 minutes hoping to find out what my guests had booked as rooms.
I am very unhappy with the service at this hotel and would advise anyone to pick another hotel to say at...if they are available. I guess I know the reason now why this hotel was not booked when every other hotel in the area was!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a private setting near an ocean beach, our motel and cottages are a perfect choice for your Cape Cod vacation. At Colonial Village Motel and Cottages you can choose a motel room, kitchenette or cottage. All registered guests at Colonial Village enjoy full use of our indoor and outdoor pools, sauna, and Jacuzzi. We offer a get-away location in the heart of Cape Cod with sandy warm water ocean beaches within walking distance. Our five acre grounds are quiet and relaxing with spacious motel rooms and optional kitchenettes. We also have lovely cottages that provide very comfortable sized rooms in the shade of a private, stately pine grove, perfect for families and family reunions your family will remember for generations. We are one of the few Cape Cod motels that offer both beautiful indoor and outdoor pools. We are proud to offer the ambience of Olde Cape Cod with continuously renovated rooms and modern amenities. Beautiful sandy warm water beaches, including Seaview Beach, Inman Beach are a 5 minute walk away, and the famous one mile long West Dennis Beach is a 5 minute drive away. Whether you are looking for daily motel accommodations or weekly lodging, Colonial Village is the perfect choice for your summer vacation on Cape Cod. If you prefer the relaxed shopping and foliage of the Spring and Fall, Colonial Village is in the center of all of Cape Cod with many antique stores, art galleries, and gift shops nearby . We are also just a 2 minute walk to the new, beautiful Sea View Park, offering a children's playground, scenic walking and jogging trails, public gardens, picnic areas, and access to Seaview Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Colonial Village Motel & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colonial Village Motel & Cottages Hotel Dennis Port
- Colonial Village Motel And Cottages
- Colonial Village Hotel
- Colonial Village Motel & Cottages Cape Cod, MA - Dennis Port