Pelham House
$101
AscendHotels
Hotels.com
The Cutty Sark(Dennis Port)
  • Pool
Priceline
The Garlands(Dennis Port)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsprivate beachcape codocean breezemicrowave and mini refrigeratorred seaweeddeck dooroff seasonnantucket soundlate octoberbeach hotelpancakes and french toastroom was spaciousopen windowsbit outdatedocean frontsound of the wavesevery morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 17, 2007

Stayed at the Pelham House for our 18th Anniversary in this December. Rooms are large and clean. However, bathrooms have no counter space and one has no sink. Walls, etc. are paper thin. Beach is very short. Fence and signs keep you from walking off resort property. Second night there was no heat in our suite. Office was closed and could find no one to help. Slept in our sweats. Too cold to shower in the morning. Left early.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sherjohn
Reviewed August 23, 2007

The location, pool, and pricing of this hotel are the highlights of this property. A good find at a decent price, family run small place. 2 girlfriends and I shared an oceanview queen room for a weekend. The room was equipped with a queen size bed (that seemed more like a double to us), pull out couch, 2 stuffed chairs, 2 square coffee tables, fridge, microwave, wall to wall counter with sink, closet. We had plenty of room to spread out and drawers for our belongings. The carpet was clean and the drawer space clean. There is locked storage in the room for those that have bought into the property. No hairdryer, luggage racks, or coffee maker. The bathroom was clean but not immaculate. The sink located outside the toilet/shower area. We did not go to breakfast but it did smell good. We asked for more towels and borrowed an iron and got both quickly. The view from our balcony was ocean from left to right. Below us was the trapezoid-shaped salt water pool. The pool area was never crowded---the pools walls could use a scrub. Wrought iron lounge chairs with thick cushions are around the pool. Beach towels are provided by the hotel. The breeze from the ocean and the view are awesome. The rooms are midrange but spacious and well-maintained. The walls are very thin. The bed linens could truly use some bleach. I slept with a towel on my pillow. When we arrived in the room, the comforter had sand on it. yuck. The property has access to 3 quiet small beach areas that had less sea grass than West Dennis Beach--this is a definite plus. A public beach is adjacent to the property but not a bother at all. Should I return to Dennis Port and wish to save a bit of money, I would definitely consider this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank sam629
Reviewed July 29, 2007

The resort is fine for the Cape. I found the last review to be a bit too kind. The resort does have large rooms and the TV's and counter tops and appliances are great. The bathrooms need such a small amount of upkeep(i.e get rid of the rust on the floor) and the outside of the hotel needs some upkeep (please put new mats in front of the doors). The breakfast is fine, but in a dark basement.

While there is no AC, the breeze off the ocean is amazing and we were very worried as it was a hot and humid night, but we all slept well. The price of $260 a night for a waterfont room that sleeps 5 was really great.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank marysusanslobin
Reviewed July 22, 2007

My husband an I stayed at The Pelham house, and I could not believe how much I enjoyed staying there!!!! The staff was more than helpful, the rooms were immaculate, the breakfast was a nice treat (no pun intended - LOL) and the view could not be matched! I have only nice things to say about the Pelham house! I think they should add AC in the rooms in case of very hot nights, but with the ocean breeze you almost don't notice it. I would definatley go back to The pelham house and would reccomend it to anyone looking for a nice relaxing vacation down the cape. It was quite and peaceful, yet so easy to get to anywhere, it was right in between hyannis and chatham.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mlverdini
Reviewed July 22, 2007

After reading the last review, I felt I had to comment on our experience. I booked the hotel for 3 nights at the end of June for my parents, brother, niece and myself to take a little family reunion to Cape Cod---a place we grew up going to as kids in Massachusetts. The hotel was recently renovated and you get the kind of upgrades you rarely find in beachfront properties---berber carpet, upscale linens and bedding, plasma TVs, granite kitchenettes and wireless access. With only 33 suites, the resort is small enough to be intimate and get you away from the huge crowds that gather on Cape Cod every summer. The beach was quiet and private, the rooms were extremely clean and the staff treats guests just like family. The FULL breakfast that is served in the summer is a great time saver as well as a huge money saver. We estimate that it would have cost $50 a day for breakfast for the 5 of us had we ordered what was available at the Pelham House. For a small resort on the Cape, the ammenities are very nice. The pool is HUGE, there is a tennis court , putting green and a small exercise room. As for no air conditioning, those of us who grew up in New England are used to it and with a constant seabreeze and ample windows and doors to open, there isn't a problem with being too warm. At night, even in the summer, you may have to close some windows when you stay on the beach on Cape Cod. We were so impressed with the location, friendliness of the staff and the overall resort that we bought 2 fractional shares so that we can go back every year and be welcomed as family!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family