“Fred V”

Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Dennis Port
Tolland, Connecticut
“Fred V”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

The motel and decor are 1950's. No phones or clock. This is part of what makes it the perfect place to stay and relax. The rooms are clean and if you need anything, all you have to do is ask Christina. She's down to earth and has a wonderful personality which makes staying there a pleasure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank fred v

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed for two days in august. The front desk women was fake, she was rude and snarly. The rooms were outdated and smelly and not worth the money. The rooms were clean by chambermaid Joyce, she was extremmly pleasant and kind. Then one day we came back and our room wasnt made and was told that Joyce had the day off and instead had some girl who was gross smelling and didnt know how to clean a room and had no people skills i believe her name was nakita.Joyce was the highlight of our stay, tip for the owner fire the front desk witch and hire someone with people skills and fire the other housekeeper

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank missnewyork20
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed at the Jonathan Edwards Motel several times for various reasons. My most recent stay was because I needed too heal from several health issues. I found Christina, the manager too be not only kind, funny, warm and welcoming, but also a fantastic host and business woman. The cleaning and maintenance staff was also remarkable. I felt like I was home. I was able too sleep, laugh and get the much needed rest too fight what was happening in my body. It worked! I did end up in the hospital but my biopsy was benign and I credit the hospitality of the folks at the JEM. I will always stay there when I need too breath and it is such a relief too not always have too drive too NH too center myself. ...not that I do not love NH...but when you physically can not drive more than an hour without a nap it is nice too have a place here on Cape Cod that I can run too. THANK YOU too Christina, Diane and all the other folks I met while there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We did a spur of the moment trip down to the Cape. When we got there we drove around a while and inquired on available rooms at various places. We came upon the JEM and the price was perfect. The rooms could use sprucing up with some beachy decos but they are comfortable and if anything is amiss, you forgot something or need tourist info then Christina is a GEM with super Cape Cod charm. Love her! The welcome, comfortable beds and bleach smelling sheets made us stay 2 extra nights. And as for the atmosphere ... the post about sitting outside your room made me laugh. My husband talked music with our neighbour and we now have a new friend in Albany.

For my rating the restaurant gets full excellent as right across the street next to Benny's is the Rise n Shine Cafe. It was the best breakfast I have had in the Cape in the years I've visited. Fitness centre gets 0 because I'm there for the beach ... and West Dennis is so close!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank L00nies
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had traveled to the Cape from Florida. Christina welcomed us with open arms and made us feel right at home. The motel is not the "plush" type, but if you want to get the feel of the Cape and the people who live there, I highly recommend the Jonathan Edwards. Everyone sits outside their units in the morning and evening having coffee and you feel right at home. There are no strangers there only friends you haven't met. We did not know the area and both Christina and Diane were extremely helpful in directing us to restaurants, ice cream parlours and places of interest.

Room Tip: We booked over the phone and told Christina what we were looking for. She chose the room and it was...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rainie G
Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

After traveling for 16 hours in the car and unable to find an available hotel on the Cape, we came across this hotel. They literally opened that day and Christina made us feel very welcomed and went above and beyond for us. She made sure all of our needs were met! The room was very clean and the mattresses were so comfortable. Would stay there again!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Renee B
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

We came to visit the cape and had reserved a room. Both my children would have rather slept in the car than the room we were given. We saw a mouse and its droppings in the bed. Everything was sub-standard. The shower curtain hanging by three metal hooks, stains on the carpet, stained tiles, bad caulking, the manager yelling across the parking lot to other guests. If this place was remodeled then you should sue the contractors. The owners should be ashamed of what they are running. Stay away from this place. We checked in and out in 10 minutes. I also think trip advisor should pull your hotel from this site, bad hotel and too many bad reviews. Listen to us and don't stay here...EVER.

• Stayed October 2012