“It deserves nothing better then a one star” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Jonathan Edwards Motel
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Dennis Port
Killingworth, Connecticut
“It deserves nothing better then a one star”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

I gave it a one star because I had too. Very run down, no mattress pads or blankets on bed. Just sheets that feel like sand paper and a bedspread. There were no towels in room, the air conditioner Is filthy! The owners are very nice it's too bad. I'm not sure who had a fantastic sty here but it is totally misrepresented on hotels.com.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Warsaw, Poland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

We were there just after they re-opened. The manager tried hard, but so many basics were missing. The price was nowhere near the experience. To add insult to injury, except for the air conditioner, we had no power all night. Nothing like a trip to the bathroom in the dark. Not recommended at all.

The photos on the Internet do not match the property.

Room Tip: Choose another motel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Dennis Port hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

we paid $144 for one night in this motel. this was just about the worst pace I've ever stayed, & if I hadn't arrived at 1 am with 3 kids, we would have left.
the room was dirty, falling apart & smelled. there were bugs & we couldn't let our kids walk around on the carpet without their shoes on. There was no mini fridge or microwave like the site states. The paint was peeling off the walls & there were spiders on the cieling. above the tv there appeared to be a giant dried spatter where someone threw a cup of coffee on the wall. There was no tv remote.

we couldn't shower because the shower handle & diverter were falling out of the wall, the shower curtain was ripped & there were bugs in the shower.

the pool was overgrown with weeds, cracked cement & was dirty with leaves &..........dirt. we slept a few hours, I was terrified of the bugs crawling on my babies & we left by 7 am.

Hanging around outside the office in the morning were shady, seedy mismatched characters in their pjs who appeared to work there. we hightailed it out fast.

would never stay in this disgusting motel. the 40$ motels on the highway are safer & cleaner.

front desk attendant was very nice & prompt with her arrival to the office at our late arrival,

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Erinjvrn
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

The Jonathan Edwards Motel misrepresented itself on hotels.com. After we saw what they actually have to offer we left without even staying the night! Half of the photos on their hotels.com listing have nothing to do with the actual motel. On hotels.com, they list themselves as a 3-star motel but they barely meet the requirements for one star. On hotels.com […] they advertise a restaurant in the motel, a mini bar, hair dryers, and irons/ironing boards in the room - none of which actually existed at the Jonathan Edwards Motel! In fact, when we arrived at 4pm the room did not have a shower curtain, toilet paper, lightbulbs, or a mirror in the bathroom! And worse, the paint was peeling off the walls, the sheets were stained, and there was no bolt or chain lock on the door to the outside. They claimed to be a smoke-free property but our room reeked of stale smoke. This hotel was involved in severe misrepresentation. When we tried to speak to the manager of Jonathan Edwards Motel we were further misled and we have not yet been able to get a refund. Don't let this happen to you!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TravellerKS00
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

I booked this hotel one week prior to arrival for a weekend night in June for a wedding. When I saw the pictures of the motel online, I thought OK, this place isn't bad for a 1 night stay and it's only $99/night! Thought I had scored a last minute deal! My husband and I arrived mid afternoon and the motel looks NOTHING like the pictures advertised on their website or here on Tripadvisor. I went into the office and was greeted by a woman, who ran the place. She was pleasant, but told me that our room wasn't ready yet (it was 2:45pm) check in was 2pm. She said we could go to our room and put our stuff in there, but that she still needed to vacuum, put sheets on the bed and put towels in the room. So, she gave us a key and we drove up to room #18. I asked my husband to go check it out and he immediately came out side and waved to me. I walked in and walked right out. It was the most disgusting room I had ever seen!! The mattress was dirty and there were no sheets on the bed, the carpet was gross, bathroom was DIRTY...all and all it looked like people honestly rented it by the hour. The worst experience I have ever had!!!. We left & told the office manager that this didn't meet our expectations and that this motel looked nothing like it's advertisement. We then had to crash with friends at their hotel b/c everything else was booked!! Please read the BAD reviews before booking. The good reviews here have to be from the owner or office manager posting them There is no way in hell I would ever stay at this motel and I am not a hotel snob by any means. Looking back, I wish we snapped some pictures to post, because this motel completely misrepresents itself!!!!! DO NOT BOOK!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: None of the rooms here are good!!! Check out other hotels!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mia1197
Rockland County, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

This place is affordable, clean ans centrally located. The pool was clean. Plenty of parking available. If you are looking for a luxury hotel room, this is not the place. But if you need a comfortable room to sleep, shower and change in, this is perfect.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BillyT298
Hartford, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I am not a hotel snob in any way shape or form. I am fine anywhere that is clean, safe, friendly and affordable. This place totally misrepresents itself. The rooms DO NOT look like this at all. There was no sheets on our bed..we were greeted in the parking lot by a man with no teeth, unshowered or shaven and drinking a beer sitting out front. The manager came up from the basement after dinging the bell with dirt and paint all over her and the registration area was full of smoke, smelled was dirty, dated and gross !!!! The rooms look like the No-tell Motel where people stop for an hour or 2 twist...not a place to stay for the weekend let alone a week ! Carpets dirty, chairs were dirty, and everything was old...dirty and dated. The outside was not bad, the pool was not bad but it was a little green and they were rude!!! I read the reviews and thought..ok some bad..some OK...it will be fine..THINK AGAIN ...YOU TOO WILL SOON BE WRITING A REVIEW HERE

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Corsair and Cross Rip Oceanfront
The Garlands
The Garlands
#16 of 19 in Dennis Port

Been to Jonathan Edwards Motel? Share your experiences!