“Nice Option for Dog Lovers”
Review of The Conch Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dennis Port
The Conch Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Dennis Port B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed at the Conch Inn for four nights in August. The price was reasonable, especially for a property that allows pets. I stayed in the Chatham room, which was comfortable but small--best for one person, I think. The bed was very comfortable. There was no doggy or disinfectant smell in the room, for which I give very high marks to the innkeepers.

On the downside, the toiletries in the bathroom appeared to be leave-behinds from previous guests. The close-captioning on the tv wouldn't turn-off, and the innkeeper didn't know how to fix it (she suggested I look for a second remote control in the room--there wasn't one); one night of close-captioning is annoying, four nights is excruciating. The room felt clean, but it was dusty. The coffeemaker, cable box, and other knickknacks needed a good swiffering. There was no service during my entire stay. By the time I left, the trash can was overflowing. In fairness, I was on vacation and slept late every day, so it's possible I was left undisturbed. If so, that's fine. Strange, but fine.

I did not eat the breakfast included in the rate and so cannot comment on it.

A final point, which may be my own eccentricity: the bed sheets were brown and the towels were aqua. I prefer white.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed July 31, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed for a weekend in July, we couldn't have asked for a better stay. We stayed in the Chatham room, your quintessential cozy Cape Cod room with all the amenities. We had our own private entrance/terrace, all the rooms in the house does as a matter of fact. Jeanne was the best host, she really makes an effort with all of her guests and her breakfasts are incredible. The Conch Inn set the bar for all B&B for my girlfriend and I going forward.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
CTDaisey, Owner at The Conch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Hey you guys thanks so much...I really appreciate you taking the time to write this review. I hope to see you two again in the near future

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed at this BB in July 2012 for 2 nights. This is a very nice BB, clean, comfortable, amazing breakfast, friendly owner, 5 minute walk from a beach and all this for a reasonable price for Cape Cod - $125 a night.
We have been to over 20 BB all over the North America and this one would definitely make the top 3! Strongly recommending.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tobikiko, Owner at The Conch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

you guys from Montral ROCK!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

My Wife and I stayed at The Conch Inn 4th of July weekend and simply loved it!
We stayed in Chatham room, which was nicely decorated with a gas fireplace, sofa, a very comfortable bed, mini fridge even a Keurig coffee maker (If you have an urge for coffee or tea).
The room also featured its own private terrace & entrance.
Like previous reviewers have commented, Jeanne really does put her heart and soul into the Inn, and it shows...She also makes fantastic breakfast and company....We will most definitely be back.

1  Thank MikeandKatie_13

I hope to see you again...what great guests!

Reviewed June 19, 2012

We really enjoyed our selves when we were there. It was our anniversary and a chance for us to get away for a bit. The Conch Inn met my expectations and then some. Our room was just darling and very cozy. Jeanne Puts her heart and soul into her job from what we gathered. I loved all the little luxuries that were available to us, personalizing our breakfast taste as well. Actually I really enjoyed breakfast and not just the food because the food Wes EXCELLENT! Breakfast is served at 9am and we would not finish up until 10 or later. We enjoyed talking to Jeanne and getting to know her and mind you this was after she worked 3rd shift and she puts out a beautiful spread and a smile on her face even if she is tired. I would love to go back next year and do the same thing.....Thank you for a wonderful time..:0)

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Irisheyes31
CTDaisey, Owner at The Conch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind review....I just wish I had known it was your anniversary. I can't wait to see you again this year or next. Stay healthy and love one another...that's the secret.
Best to you, Jeanne

Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

What a great place to stay. My boyfriend and I were greated by the innkeepers with a warm welcome and a nice cold drink. Iced coffee was a very nice treat. We stayed in the Wellfleet room on the second floor. A sweet room with a nautical theme. There is a big deck with a retractable awning just outside the door. The bed?!?!? Oh my gosh. You sink a good 8 inches down into the incredibly comfy bed.
Breakfast was great. Fresh fruit with granola, French bread toast, eggs and home fries. Delicious.
This little Inn is really like staying with a friend at their home. We loved it and are already looking forward to our next trip there.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank nocrispy
CTDaisey, Owner at The Conch Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. The Conch Inn is fortunate to have such lovely guests

Reviewed June 8, 2012

weather was not the best but the accommodation and location made this a week that was a pleasure. Jeanne and Doug are super hosts and make you feel like you are visiting family. We were traveling with our Labradoodle and they also treated her like family. There is a dog park close by for morning walks and play time. The breakfasts and conversations we shared make the trip more memorable that any thing else we could have imagined. They were very helpful with suggestion on activities and places to dine which was important to us not being from the region and knowing nothing about the Cape. If you have a chance stay here you will not regret it.

Room Tip: The Chatam is a bit small but perfect for a couple. short walk to the beach and places to eat