“Very relaxing in September, leave the door open kinda place!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Corsair and Cross Rip Oceanfront

Corsair and Cross Rip Oceanfront
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Dennis Port
North Conway, New Hampshire
“Very relaxing in September, leave the door open kinda place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2010

We just happened upon this place a little later at night on an quick get away. We will be back ASAP and we're NOT telling our friends because we're a little selfish. We don't stay in our room anyways, so it's very, "all you need". Clean, very hospitable and warm staff. Sapphire was very helpful in getting us a late dinner and deciding on what room we wanted. Great view of the water at sunrise since I'm an early riser! We'll be back 4 sure.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Hinsdale, Mass
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2010

My mother in law booked my wife and I the front facing deluxe view room for our honeymoon. Because she had paid in advance we received a gift certificate for our stay in the mail. We arrived the day after our wedding around 3:30pm, after handing the certificate to the unfriendly staff they took almost five minutes to tell us the room wasn't ready it wouldn't be for awhile. We ended up going to dinner while we waited for them to call us to tell us the room was ready.
When we finally went to the room the first thing we noticed was the amazing view. While the room had new stainless steel appliances, new toilet, sink and jacuzzi tub (which was really nice!) However, there was a chair that was ripped and the stuffing from it was all over the floor, it took so long to clean the room you think that would have been cleaned. Both pillows on the couch were ripped, and there was wires hanging on the outside porch were a light must have been. Also, the first night we stayed there it was raining and the front window in front of the bed was leaking all over the place, and we had to use all the towels we had to clean up the mess.
When my mother in law called in to book the room she was told they would put is in the room where they put couples who got married on the resort. However, when we arrived the room had two beds which was fine, but didn't make sense since they were informed it was a couple staying there and not a family. After staying there a few days I realized we were on the Corsair side of the resort, which is more family oriented, and I felt we would of had a better time on the Cross Rip since it was designed more for couples. If we had brought our 3 year old son the Corsair would have been perfect but we didn't so we didn't really want to hear kids yelling and banging in room below us at 6am, and then kids running up and down the hotel at midnight. Also the walls were paper thin so you could hear everything in room next to you. Including the second night we were there the people in the room next to us had a huge fight! And trust me we heard every word of it!
If my mother in law hadn't paid over $300 dollars a night for the room I would have given it a much better review, but we were on our honeymoon and expect much more. I was very disappointed and probably wouldn't stay here again unless my first two choice hotels are booked again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dennis_barnes
corsair41ChaseAve, Owner at Corsair and Cross Rip Oceanfront, responded to this review, September 3, 2010
The guest is right. They should expect a brighter reception when they arrive (whether or not the room is ready) and housekeeping should pay special attention to details in the room. A small rip in upholstery should have been picked up by a room inspection and it was not. On the other hand we are glad they enjoyed the general quality of the room, the view, the cleanliness and the comfort of each nights sleep.

We need to work on our greeting and pay special attention to details. An apology for our failings has been sent along with a complimentary package to join us another time.

Hope your next vacation meets all your expectations...as it should! Mark Downey
Edgewater Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2010

My husband and I recently took our 7 year old and 1 year old to Cape Cod for their first times. I searched the internet and came across this hotel and made our reservations but I was really quite worried about what we were getting since I never had been there. Needless to say the second we got there all my worries were put aside. The staff was super courteous and when we did have a problem with our toilet the staff was there to fix the problem before my husband got back to our room from reporting it. The pools were very clean, the view was amazing and the pools was great! We liked it so much that we booked our vacation for next year as we were checking out. This will be a place I'm sure my family and I will enjoy for years to come!

1 Thank crazyformickey
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2010

We lucked out just by finding this place on line. The room, pools, beach access and staff were much more than expected. We had a great time! The package that we got gave us admission into some fun places to - can't wait to return.

1 Thank cotejohn
Loudonville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2010

We stayed in the Corsair building from Aug 8-13 and loved every minute of it. From check in to check out, the staff was friendly and accommodating. Our room was great - we loved having the appliances for breakfast and lunch and even used the grills on site for dinner one night. Our "partial" view was more than that -- it was enough to see the sun rise one morning. Everything was clean and we loved being right on the water. The other guests were friendly and the hotel was quiet at night, which was nice. On our last day, we spent the day at the beach and before leaving were able to shower in the rec center located across the street. All in all a pleasant experience. We plan on staying there again.

1 Thank cmcp1970
Mansfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2010

We stayed at the Cross Rip. Our oceanfront room was meticulously clean ... every nook and cranny. Even the shower curtain showed no sign of mildew ... the bed linens were bleach-fresh. The kitchenette's granite countertops made quite an impression and was well-stocked with cooking vessels and utensils ... even a fresh sponge, dishwashing liquid and dishcloths. The only suggestion I have is that the bathroom and the sink/vanity areas could use a couple of shelves. The staff was especially courteous and eager to assist; I have nothing but compliments for everyone we encountered. The layout of the resort is very well thought out ... we never felt crowded by other guests. As we all like to be appreciated for a job well done, I made a point to speak to the front desk about how pleased we were with our visit. There was a small fire in the room directly across from us, caused by the guest leaving something on the stove. I must say, as unfortunate as this incident was, the local Fire Dept and the resort staff acted quickly and efficiently to insure the safety and calm the nerves of the guests. The restoration service was on sight within the hour. All in all, I must say this was one of the most relaxing vacations I've had in a while; in large part, due to our experience with the Cross Rip and it's staff.

1 Thank Lynnie4510
Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2010

This was our first time staying at this hotel, and we WILL be returning again. Every one made you feel welcome. The rooms were small, but also very clean and comfortable. The office offers complimentary coffee/tea, lemonade, fresh baked cookies, and even fresh fruit each day. Beach towels are given to each guest to use during your stay. The kitchenettes are small but adequate, there are also gas grills and even lobster pots available to use. They also provide sand chairs for beach, lounge chairs for poolside or lawns. If you need something all you have to do is ask and they will try like heck to accommodate your request. I can't believe all of the small little things they do to make travellers feel like they belong! I will definitely be going back!

1 Thank Ladybug6016
Bayside Resort Hotel
Bayside Resort Hotel
#2 of 20 in West Yarmouth
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,192 reviews

Been to Corsair and Cross Rip Oceanfront? Share your experiences!