“Not "deluxe" and no "ocean view."”

Corsair and Cross Rip Oceanfront
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Dennis Port
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Walmart plastic chairs by the pool at the Cross Rip, the hotel next door to ours. Our pool wasn't heated so we had to go next door. Ugly room with a view of the parking lot. Good location for being on the beach, but all of the other hotels on the strip were much nicer. Hard bed. Nice cleaning staff. Glad to be home.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the "Commodore's House or any of the other buildings. Make sure, if you want...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tamar247
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

We are sorry that the guest was unhappy with the facilities and wish they had contacted us directly when here so we could have worked on improving the experience. The guest had reserved a deluxe/large room without an ocean view. Room types and rates are confirmed when booked but certainly if a preference is made known a change might be possible when they are here. We do have two heated pools and one not heated to offer a choice on a hot day. Beds are too hard for some and too soft for others…but we can change that too. Lastly, most properties on the ocean have outdoor furniture that is made of a PVC or Plastic resin to hold up under ocean climate conditions. We top off all our chaise lounges with comfortable 3” padded chaise cushions to better the experience.
We can’t be all things to everyone but with a little input from the guest experiences can be improved and expectations met. Mark Downey, GM

Reviewed June 27, 2012

My extended family and I rented one of their homes last August. Seven adults and four children had a blast. We utilized the indoor and outdoor pool and of course the beach. The staff was great and the location can't be beat for a family vacation. This year our group has increased to fifteen adults, nine children, two houses and two hotel rooms. We told everyone about our trip last year and people jumped on-board. See you soon C&CR. We can't wait. - The Farrell's

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My friend I went for a girls weekend away. Nice place, very clean, ALL employees were Fantastic. VERY helpful in all aspects, and very friendly. nice pool and hot tub, very clean.
I would def go back again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The view of the ocean from our room was excellent. We thought the room was a bit overpriced for the size. Even so, the rooms were very clean and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Jlang563
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My fiance and I went away for the weekend using one of their packages. We stayed in the Cross Rip. The packages were nice, got movie tickets and a $25 gift certificate to a restaurant. The room was clean, but on the smaller side. The "private" balcony was nice yet not really private. You could reach out to the balcony if you wanted too. It was only private in the fact that no one could access it unless going through your room or jumping over the railing. Thank goodness the hotel was pretty much dead when we went. The pool and hot tub were nice and clean. Breakfast was pretty good minus the moldy bagels that I threw out for them. Only other complaint is I could hear everything going on in the room above us. Other than that it was good and your typical Cape Cod vacation.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jen T
Reviewed May 8, 2012

My husband and I went down and stayed at the Corsair the weekend of May 4th. Unfortunately it was a rainy weekend, but the room we stayed in was very nice. It was a corner room with a beautiful view of the ocean and a private balcony. The room was very clean and the staff was very pleasant. The outdoor pool wasn't open yet, but they were getting it ready and cleaning it when we got there. They do have an indoor pool and rec room at another one of their properties across the street. We didn't end up going so I can't comment on that, but I'm sure it's just as clean as the rest of the property. We stayed in room 114 and it had a one person whirlpool tub which was very comfortable and again, clean. I am usually very picky when it comes to hotel cleanliness and I was very happy. The last day we were there, the sun came out and I sat on the deck for awhile and really enjoyed myself. My husband and I already rebooked the same room for two nights in July. I can't wait to go back. Hopefully the weather will be a little better. All in all, I found my new favorite place to go on the Cape. Laura R.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laura R
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We had an enjoyable experience at this motel. This was our second time here. The kids enjoyed the pool which was heated. The breakfast was adequate and they also provided pizza for the kids b/c it was vacation week. We had a nice new balcony which provided views of the ocean. We found the rooms to be clean and the linen immaculate. They also had nice new flat screen tvs which also had dvd players built in (great when traveling w/ kids). Dennis is a nice town and this location allows for easy day trips to Chatham, Hyannis, etc. And most importantly, you are right on the ocean, which was awesome, even in April. In fact, we had such a pleasant time, we inquired about an extra night, and were able to stay in a nearby room, which was equally clean and spacious. I would recommend this motel to families.
Con - No fitness room

Room Tip: 2nd floor of corsair has balconies...did not stay in cross rip property.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
#8 of 19 in Dennis Port
Pelham House
Pelham House
#12 of 19 in Dennis Port

Been to Corsair and Cross Rip Oceanfront? Share your experiences!