“Decent clean place”

Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Dennis Port
Chatham, New York
“Decent clean place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

My fiance and I went away for the weekend using one of their packages. We stayed in the Cross Rip. The packages were nice, got movie tickets and a $25 gift certificate to a restaurant. The room was clean, but on the smaller side. The "private" balcony was nice yet not really private. You could reach out to the balcony if you wanted too. It was only private in the fact that no one could access it unless going through your room or jumping over the railing. Thank goodness the hotel was pretty much dead when we went. The pool and hot tub were nice and clean. Breakfast was pretty good minus the moldy bagels that I threw out for them. Only other complaint is I could hear everything going on in the room above us. Other than that it was good and your typical Cape Cod vacation.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jen T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Rutland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

My husband and I went down and stayed at the Corsair the weekend of May 4th. Unfortunately it was a rainy weekend, but the room we stayed in was very nice. It was a corner room with a beautiful view of the ocean and a private balcony. The room was very clean and the staff was very pleasant. The outdoor pool wasn't open yet, but they were getting it ready and cleaning it when we got there. They do have an indoor pool and rec room at another one of their properties across the street. We didn't end up going so I can't comment on that, but I'm sure it's just as clean as the rest of the property. We stayed in room 114 and it had a one person whirlpool tub which was very comfortable and again, clean. I am usually very picky when it comes to hotel cleanliness and I was very happy. The last day we were there, the sun came out and I sat on the deck for awhile and really enjoyed myself. My husband and I already rebooked the same room for two nights in July. I can't wait to go back. Hopefully the weather will be a little better. All in all, I found my new favorite place to go on the Cape. Laura R.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laura R
Swansea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

We had an enjoyable experience at this motel. This was our second time here. The kids enjoyed the pool which was heated. The breakfast was adequate and they also provided pizza for the kids b/c it was vacation week. We had a nice new balcony which provided views of the ocean. We found the rooms to be clean and the linen immaculate. They also had nice new flat screen tvs which also had dvd players built in (great when traveling w/ kids). Dennis is a nice town and this location allows for easy day trips to Chatham, Hyannis, etc. And most importantly, you are right on the ocean, which was awesome, even in April. In fact, we had such a pleasant time, we inquired about an extra night, and were able to stay in a nearby room, which was equally clean and spacious. I would recommend this motel to families.
Con - No fitness room

Room Tip: 2nd floor of corsair has balconies...did not stay in cross rip property.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Bloomfield, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

We had SUCH a great time here!! I took my kids here for a week, for spring break and we had a blast! It is located right on the beach. The heated indoor pool and game room, although located a couple houses down, was really nice. It was open from 9am to 9pm, and my kids LOVED IT! The COMPLIMENTARY breakfast every morning was wonderful and very well stocked! The room had a nice kitchenette, which was great bc we saved some $$ by eating (and cooking stuff) in the room vs going to restaurants all the time. The staff was VERY FRIENDLY and accommodating! The Hot Tub, located just outside our room was a wonderful treat. There are movies that you can use for the dvd player in the room as well. The hotel is located approx 10-15 minutes from Rt 28 (Main Street) - where there is so much to do! All in all, we HIGHLY recommend this hotel and are looking forward to coming back in the future!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Katonah, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

Our dream of having a Cape Cod beachfront wedding came true, when we found the Corsair & Cross Rip Oceanfront Resort. Mark and his staff were organized and helpful with setting up our ceremony, closing the nearby pool at the appropriate times, and bending over backwards for our guests. The staff helped to direct our vendors with setting up chairs for the ceremony and with organizing the clean-up, for us to take pictures. Our family and friends were very happy with their rooms, and it was especially meaningful for us to have all our guests staying at one place. Mark was very accommodating and helpful throughout the planning process, helping us to create a ceremony site which we will remember forever. Getting married over looking the water was breath-taking! We highly recommend the Corsair & Cross Rip Oceanfront Resort for a wedding ceremony site and for a great place for your guests to stay on your wedding weekend.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Wakefield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

My husband and I got married at the Corsair and Cross Rip and wouldn't have done it any other way. We wanted to find a venue that would be relaxing, beach-y and an all around great location for our guests to come and make a fun weekend out of it. The moment we visited the Corsair and Cross Rip, we knew it would be perfect and it was. C and C is ideal for a beachside Cape vacation - be it as a family, group of friends or a romantic getaway. We spent the week leading up to our wedding at the Mates house, had friends staying next door at the Admirals house, and others at in hotel rooms. Absolutely everyone enjoyed their stay thoroughly no matter where they were staying. The houses and rooms are fresh, updated and clean. The property overall is laid out in a cozy manner with plenty to do between 3 pools, a rec room and of course - the beach. The entire staff is lovely, friendly, helpful and always cheerful. Judy and Mark were extremely helpful every step of the way of our wedding planning. They made the wedding day a relaxing experience and one that we could just enjoy with as little stress as a bride might have on her wedding day. We loved it there so much we've already booked a family reunion of about 15 at the C and C this summer - and can not wait!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Troy, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

If your looking for an awesome, clean homey comfy place to stay with great service this is the place for you. My husband and I stay here in the spring and fall for a long weekend, we bring our entire family in the summer for a week long vacation. We are always pleased with the facility and the staff are A1.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
#4 of 19 in Dennis Port
The Breakers on the Ocean
The Breakers on the Ocean
#10 of 19 in Dennis Port

Been to Corsair and Cross Rip Oceanfront? Share your experiences!