“Beautiful Location but ONLY if you receive the right room!”
Review of The Garlands

The Garlands
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Dennis Port
SCOTLAND
“Beautiful Location but ONLY if you receive the right room!”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

This is a lovely location for a beach vacation and the accommodation I had was spotless. The kitchen was fully equipped with everything you could want and it is an a great location for exploring the rest of the Cape. Considering it could sleep at least 4 people, it was extremely compact. Fortunately I was on my own! On the downside however, the apartment was NOT what I had been promised in the confirmation letter. I was supposed to receive an ocean view apartment on 2 levels, they even asked if I could manage stairs and to let them know if it was a problem. What I did receive was a very small apartment on the ground floor right at the entrance to the hotel that overlooked the office....Very Disappointing.....Please make sure you know exactly what room you are going to be given as this could be the difference between having an amazing vacation and a very average one. I would stay again BUT only if the room was looking over the ocean as promised.

Room Tip: You must confirm verbally as well as in writing that you have one of the rooms that looks directly o...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank SIMON D

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
chicago
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and felt it was a great deal for the location and the price. Couldn't beat the view of the ocean from the front window. The unit we were in had a serious musty oder that we could not get rid of but contributed it to being right on the ocean. I wished the owners had taken more care with their updating and painting. It looks like a rush job. Otherwise I would call it cute and definitely 'cottagey'.

• Stayed June 2014
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I've stayed in this place in past for it's great location - so as far as location I knew it's the best. Now this place have being completely renovated and it is just fabulous. We were very late arriving on a rainy day and found office closed - BUT with 3 phone# to call - tried all 3 to get a voice mail - but within 5 minutes all 3 called back advising me on how to find the keys, connect to wifi etc. We've stayed in 2 bedroom unit - big enough for 4 people - full kitchen, with all the cookware and dinnerware. Can't beat the view from this place - it is right ON the ocean! Just not enough space to fit all positives and I know I'm shooting myself in the foot with this review - since now I will probably need to reserve a year in advance ;-) It's definitely one of the best on Cape Cod.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank PeterB_NYC
Greenfield Center, New York
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel is very quaint but perfect for our get a way weekend. We wanted a room right on the ocean and were able to get a 2nd story efficiency with a balcony on the ocean. At night we left the balcony slider open and fell asleep listening to the waves. When I made the reservations, due to a recent bike accident I needed the bathroom to have a tub, not just a shower stall. The woman, Peggy went out of her way to help us with the accommodations. The actual living space is very small, even though we booked a 2 bedroom, but was sufficient for us. I imagine in the summer is isn't very quiet or private, but in the fall it was great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
upstate NY
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This was my fifth year renting the two bedroom condo overlooking the water. The views are spectacular........nothing like watching the sunrise or sunset over the open ocean. Clean rooms and great maid service. Excellent central location. No pool but I don't go to Cape Cod to swim in a pool!!! I'm already booked for next year.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great and they are all a bargain.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
nj
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Last minute trip in the height of the season with cousins made this a quick adventure -- clean rooms but need updating--very small bedrooms-- high tide loses the beach--- great view from above but if you want to be on the beach, you have to go down a flight of stairs which can be a pain if traveling with small children or elders.. we had perfect weather so we were outside alot and didnt care about the rooms so much...been in better, been in worse...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank njlovebeaches
Norwood, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Being on the water is great and finding the garland was good I have met friends there that I have known for a long time. Just tell them. What you want before you book. It would be good if we met the manager When we arrived not just someone at a desk. Who was very nice but it would be nice to meet the manager. The beaches are nice the facilities outside are wonderful. Just have more communications with the guests be very nice also.

Room Tip: With the garland you had to ask for room service the price of room to high and parking for friend...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

#17 of 19 in Dennis Port
Riviera Beach Resort
Riviera Beach Resort
#9 of 21 in South Yarmouth

Been to The Garlands? Share your experiences!